The ISTQB Foundation Level Model Based Tester Extension course extends the broad understanding
of testing acquired at Foundation Level to enable the role of Model Based Test Analyst to be performed.
This two-day tutor-led course includes lectures, exercises and practical work, as well as exam preparation. The examination is held on the afternoon of the last day of the course, so allowing adequate time for revision. It is fully-accredited by UKTB on behalf of ISTQB and has been rated SFIAplus level 3 by the BCS.
The recommended entry criteria for candidates taking the Model Based Testing Foundation course are as follows:
- Have 18 months’ experience in software testing.
- Hold the ISTQB Foundation in Software Testing certificate.
The Model Based Testing Foundation course is suitable for those who are, or expect to be, working on project that require development and testing of data models. It is aimed at those who seek a practical application of the core software testing material covered at ISTQB Foundation level on all projects that work with data models.
The course is for Test Analysts, Test Team Leader, Data Modelers and all people who will be developing data models for testing and use in subsequent test automation.
Delegates will learn how to
After successfully completing the course and passing the exam, delegates should be able to:
- Collaborate in a model-based testing team using standard terminology and established MBT concepts, processes and techniques.
- Apply and integrate model-based testing in a test process.
- Effectively create and maintain MBT models using established techniques and best practices of model-based testing.
- Select, create and maintain test artefacts from MBT models considering risk and value of the features tested.
- Support the organization to improve its quality assurance process to be more constructive and efficient.
- Introduction to MBT
- MBT activities and Artefacts
- Integrating MBT into the SDLC
- MBT Modelling Activities
- Subject and Focus of MBT Models
- Languages for MBT Models
- Good Practices for MBT Modelling Activities
- Classification of MBT Selection Criteria
- Applying Test Selection Criteria
- Specifics of MBT Test Implementation and Execution
- Evaluate an MBT Deployment
- Manage and Monitor the Deployment of an MBT Approach