Please note - the exam voucher is included in the cost of this course, and exams are held once a month in London. Please contact us for more information.
The ISTQB Advanced Technical Test Analyst course extends the broad understanding of testing acquired at Foundation Level to enable the role of Technical Test Analyst to be performed.
This three day tutor-led course includes lectures, exercises and practical work, as well as exam preparation. The examination is held at an agreed later date, so allowing adequate time for revision. It is fully-accredited by UKTB on behalf of ISTQB and has been rated SFIAplus level 5 by the BCS.
- The entry requirements for the Certified Tester Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst qualification are that the candidate must hold the ISTQB Foundation certificate and it is also suggested that candidates have a minimum of 3 years testing experience.
- Note that it is recommended that you attend an accredited training course run by an accredited training provider, as the overall exam pass rates are notably higher for candidates attending such courses.
Who should attend?
- The ISTQB Certified Technical Test Analyst Advanced Level is principally aimed at test practitioners who have achieved an advanced point in their careers in software testing and are expecting to be actively involved in the technical aspects of software testing, including test automation, non-functional testing, black-box testing and white-box testing, and who want to increase their knowledge and skills beyond the levels covered by the Foundation and Intermediate qualifications.
- This includes people in roles such as testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers and software developers.
- This Advanced Level qualification is also appropriate for anyone who wants a deeper understanding of software testing, such as project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts and management consultants.
- Recognize and classify the typical risks associated with the performance, security, reliability, portability and maintainability of software systems.
- Create test plans which detail the planning, design and execution of tests for mitigating performance, security, reliability, portability and maintainability risks.
- Select and apply appropriate structural design techniques to ensure that tests provide an adequate level of confidence, based on code coverage and design coverage.
- Effectively participate in technical reviews with developers and software architects applying knowledge of typical mistakes made in code and architecture.
- Recognize risks in code and software architecture and create test plan elements to mitigate those risks through dynamic analysis.
- Propose improvements to the security, maintainability and testability of code by applying static analysis.
- Outline the costs and benefits to be expected from introducing particular types of test automation.
- Select appropriate tools to automate technical testing tasks.
- Understand the technical issues and concepts in applying test automation.
- gain recognition for testing as an essential and professional software engineering specialization
- provide a standard framework for the development of testers' careers
- enable professionally qualified testers to be recognized by employers, customers and peers, and to raise the profile of testers and testing; promote consistent and good testing practices within all software engineering disciplines
- identify testing topics that are relevant and of value to industry
- enable software suppliers to hire certified testers and thereby gain commercial advantage over their competitors by advertising their tester recruitment policy
- provide an opportunity for testers and those with an interest in testing to acquire an internationally recognized qualification in the subject.
- The Technical Test Analyst's Tasks in Risk-Based Testing
- Structure-Based Testing
- Analytical Techniques
- Quality Characteristics for Technical Testing
- Incident Management
- Test Tools & Automation