The purpose of the Foundation qualification is to confirm that a delegate has sufficient knowledge of the contents and high level requirements of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard, and understands at a foundation level how the standard operates in a typical IT service provider organisation.
You will sit your foundation exam on the last day of this course.
Possession of the Foundation Certificate is also one of the possible pre-requisites for the Practitioner qualification.
This qualification is aimed at staff working within an ITSM service provider organization that requires a basic understanding of the standard. It is equally relevant for those working within service providers who are already certified to ISO/IEC 20000 or those considering its implementation.
- There is no pre-requisite for the Foundation qualification but knowledge of the basic principles of IT service management would be an advantage.
- APMG mandate that proof of ID is required from all delegates prior to taking the exam.
At the end of this course you will be able to understand:
- The scope and purpose of Parts 1, 2, 3 and 5 of ISO/IEC 20000 and how these can be used
- The key terms and definitions used
- The fundamental requirements for an SMS and the need for continual improvement
- The processes, their objectives and high level requirements
- Applicability and scope definition requirements
- The purpose of internal and external audits, their operation and the associated terminology
- The operation of the APMG certification scheme
- The relationship with best practices, ITIL , and related standards, ISO 9001 and ISO/IEC 27001
- Overview of ISO/IEC 20000
- The schemes available for certifcation and qualification
- Compatibility of the SMS with other management system standards
- Terms and definitions
- The SMS, and the concepts, responsibilities, requirements and processes needed to confirm
- The Deming cycle
- An understanding of the concepts and requirements of each process defined within ISO/IEC 20000