These courses are being delivered by an IBM Global Training Provider
This 3-day instructor-led course provides students with an understanding of how to configure order management rules and administer the order fulfillment process using IBM® Sterling Order Management.
The course begins with an introduction of order and inventory management concepts and then covers Sales Order specific configurations. The course then proceeds to describe sourcing and scheduling of orders, rules related to order fulfillment, and payment, and covers configuration of service capacity. The course concludes with an explanation of Return Orders.
Audience: Order Management developers and implementers
Before taking this course, students should have completed:
- 6F101G – Configuring Participant Modeling, Process Modeling, and User Security instructor-led course
Delegates will learn how to
After completing this course, students should be able to:
- Configure rules related to inventory in the Global Inventory Visibility application of Sterling Selling and Fulfillment Foundation.
- Configure business rules related to Sales Orders including, order creation, modification, and monitoring in the Distributed Order Management application of Sterling Selling and Fulfillment Foundation.
- Configuring sourcing and scheduling rules for an order.
- Configure rules related to resource pools and resource capacity to fulfill service requests.
- Configure payment processing-related rules such as payment types, financial rules, authorization and invoicing rules.
Unit 1: Order Management Basics
- Lesson 1.1: Order Management Overview
- Lesson 1.2: Inventory Management
- Exercise 1.2.1: Inventory Management
Unit 2: Order-related Configuration
- Exercise 2.1.1: Sales Order Specific Configuration
- Lesson 2.2: Sourcing and Scheduling Rules Configuration
- Exercise 2.2.1: Sourcing and Scheduling Rules Configuration
- Lesson 2.3: Order Fulfillment Rules Configuration
- Exercise 2.3.1: Fulfilling an Order
Course Wrap Up
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.