These courses are being delivered by an IBM Global Training Provider
This course provides the fundamentals of using IBM SPSS Modeler and introduces the participant to data science. The principles and practice of data science are illustrated using the CRISP-DM methodology. The course provides training in the basics of how to import, explore, and prepare data with IBM SPSS Modeler v18.1.1, and introduces the student to modeling.
• It is recommended that you have an understanding of your business data
Delegates will learn how to
- Introduction to data science
- Introduction to IBM SPSS Modeler
- Introduction to data science using IBM SPSS Modeler
- Collecting initial data
- Understanding the data
- Setting the of analysis
- Integrating data
- Deriving and reclassifying fields
- Identifying relationships
- Introduction to modeling
1. Introduction to data science
• List two applications of data science
• Explain the stages in the CRISP-DM methodology
• Describe the skills needed for data science
2. Introduction to IBM SPSS Modeler
• Describe IBM SPSS Modeler's user-interface
• Work with nodes and streams
• Generate nodes from output
• Use SuperNodes
• Execute streams
• Open and save streams
• Use Help
3. Introduction to data science using IBM SPSS Modeler
• Explain the basic framework of a data-science project
• Build a model
• Deploy a model
4. Collecting initial data
• Explain the concepts 'data structure', 'of analysis', 'field storage' and 'field measurement level'
• Import Microsoft Excel files
• Import IBM SPSS Statistics files
• Import text files
• Import from databases
• Export data to various formats
5. Understanding the data
• Audit the data
• Check for invalid values
• Take action for invalid values
• Define blanks
6. Setting the of analysis
• Remove duplicate records
• Aggregate records
• Expand a categorical field into a series of flag fields
• Transpose data
7. Integrating data
• Append records from multiple datasets
• Merge fields from multiple datasets
• Sample records
8. Deriving and reclassifying fields
• Use the Control Language for Expression Manipulation (CLEM)
• Derive new fields
• Reclassify field values
9. Identifying relationships
• Examine the relationship between two categorical fields
• Examine the relationship between a categorical field and a continuous field
• Examine the relationship between two continuous fields
10. Introduction to modeling
• List three types of models
• Use a supervised model
• Use a segmentation model
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.