This course is an intermediate course designed to teach Collaboration and Deployment users object and asset management, security, shared resource usage, automation, and interaction with IBM SPSS Modeler Gold. Students focus on the makeup of the content repository and its objects. They will learn how to manage repository objects, the logical hierarchy structure, and how to import, export, and promote objects for use in multi-repository environments. Students will become familiar with the components of jobs and the mechanisms to set up, order, and relate job steps. Scheduling, parameters, job monitoring, job history, and event notification are discussed. Finally, the role of Collaboration and Deployment Services in Modeler Gold is discussed, addressing Real Time Scoring, Analytic Data View, and Model Management.
1: Overview of Collaboration and Deployment Services
• Identify the purpose and capabilities of IBM SPSS Collaboration and Deployment Services
• List and describe the various tools within C&DS
• List and describe tools that work in conjunction with C&DS
2: Content, assets and permissions
• Describe repository content management structure
• Describe the file organization structure within C&DS Deployment Manager
• Create and apply user specific access permissions for assets
• Upload and retrieve repository files using Deployment Manager
3: Work with assets
• Describe object properties
• Describe how C&DS applies versioning to objects and assets
• Create and use version labels
• Explore custom properties for assets
• Search for repository content
• Describe object locking
4: Track asset changes
• Identify subscriptions and notifications
• Create folder and asset level subscriptions
• Create a notification
5: Access files from other applications
• Connect the Modeler client to the C&DS repository
• Search for, and retrieve assets from the repository
• Store a Modeler Stream into the repository with the correct property settings
• Perform storage and retrieval operations from within IBM SPSS Modeler
6: Advanced content operations
• Describe the purpose of multiple repositories
• Export content from a repository
• Import content into a repository
• Understand object promotion
• Identify a job its uses
• Describe the job-building tool
• Create a single-step job
• Create a multi-step job
8: Notifications and parameters
• Define the three different notifications connected to jobs
• Build notifications within jobs
• Define run time parameters and describe possible uses
• Add parameters to a job or a job step definition
9: Schedule jobs
• Identify and describe the three schedule types
• Build simple and recurring time-based schedules
• Create message-based job schedules
• Monitor job schedule definitions
10: Examine Job History
• View job history in Deployment Manager
• Manipulate the Job History View
• View job history in Deployment Portal
• Use the Job History tool to monitor job execution success and failure
11: Analytic Data View and Real Time Scoring
• Create an Analytic Data View
• Identify how to create a scoring configuration
• Configure and test Real Time Scoring
12: Model Management
• Explore Model Management
• Understand Model Evaluation and Model Refresh
• Create and run a Champion Challenger job
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.