This workshop is designed to enable delegates to understand the processes involved in consulting, including adapting and selecting the most appropriate tools, underpinned with key relationship building skills.
The role of the consultant is becoming more and more important as businesses look to facilitate for future success. Whether it is internal or external consultancy, the need to deliver a trusted advisory service that enhances business options and considerations is key.
This course is aimed at individuals stepping up from service focused roles into proactive business engagement roles.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- identify the stages in the consulting cycle
- identify the key skills and approaches for each part of the cycle
- understand motivational factors and select strategies to apply
- utilise tools for handling difficult situations with tact and sensitivity
- identify and engage with key stakeholders
- evaluate the impact of different stakeholder needs, styles and perspectives
- build knowledge of tried and tested tools for consulting.
What will the course cover?
- What is a consultant.
- The consultancy cycle and the consultancy environment.
- Consultancy intervention styles.
- Strength Deployment Inventory self assessment and diagnosis.
- Building and maintaining effective consulting relationships.
- Understanding politics and culture within clients.
- Building influence.
- Feeding back to clients and stakeholders.
- Building a business case.