Who is this course for?
Internet Intelligence & Investigation (I3) enables the user to harvest a rich source of accurate and timely data left by individuals within the digital connected world. The fusion of OSINT with existing conventional methods of intelligence gathering provides the investigator with a formidable tool.
This 5 day course is for staff who work in law enforcement within intelligence or investigative roles.
Due to the level of intrusion, the requirement of covert support and the duration of investigations expected from advanced opensource operatives, there is an expectation of an increased likelihood that the threshold for Regulation of Investigatory Powers (RIPA) authorisation will be met.
Relevant and associated legislation and oversight will be discussed in detail.
Delegates will learn how to
- Be able to conduct advanced research and investigative techniques.
- You will be able to recognise the requirement for legal authorities.
- Have an understanding of legal, ethical and moral expectations, building on the foundation of public trust and understand legislative limits.
- Be able to maintain the integrity and security of Internet based accounts.
- Be proficient in the recovery and preparation of Internet product to an evidential standard and deal with product validation.
- Have an understanding of available software to assist in your cyber based investigation.
- Gain understanding of how search engines aggregate the surface web and what search techniques can be utilised to penetrate the deep web.
- Be able to Investigate social media platforms with a greater understanding and ability to recover product not identifiable using simple search techniques.
- Have an overview and understanding of TOR, its applications and hidden services and marketplaces.
- Have an overview and understanding of cryptographic currencies and available software to assist in the investigations.
- Have the ability to conduct image analysis techniques to enhance the intelligence picture.
Modules within the course are:
- Deep Web searching
- Advanced searching techniques
- Social Media
- Security issues
- Intelligence support including Product Validation
- Evidence preparation and disclosure
- Account access with permission
- Image content analysis
- Overview of TOR
- Overview of Crypto Currencies
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.