Integrating with the Salesforce Platform covers the key elements of how to design and implement all types of integrations with the Salesforce platform.
The course introduces the major integration mechanisms available on the Salesforce platform, such as the APIs and the built-in declarative functionalities.
Participants explore the technologies that play critical roles in integrating with the platform, including the SOAP and REST APIs, Apex, the Streaming API, and outbound messaging. Note: To get the most out of this course, you should be comfortable reading and writing object-oriented code.
Who should take this course?
Integrating with the Salesforce Platform is ideal for customer developers, system integrators, architects, and independent software vendors (ISVs) new to the platform who want to learn how to design and build integrations with the Salesforce platform cloud applications.
Delegates will learn how to
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Identify various integration techniques.
- Develop methods for integrating with Salesforce platform.
- Identify the advantages of various integration techniques.
- Integrate with Salesforce platform web services.
- Build custom web services.
- Integrate with the Streaming and Bulk APIs.
- Use Salesforce Connect and Heroku Connect to implement declarative integrations.
- Implement single sign-on, social sign-on, and social customer service.
- Embed external applications into the Salesforce user interface using Canvas.
- Assessing Your Architectural Landscape
- Evaluating business problems from an integration perspective
- An introduction to working with the Salesforce APIs
- Salesforce Platform security
Salesforce Identity and Single Sign-on
- Introduction to Salesforce Identity and Single Sign-on
- Single Sign-on using SAML
- Single Sign-on Delegated Authentication
- Social Sign-on
Working with Salesforce Data
- sObjects and relationships
- The Architecture
- Working with the SOAP API
- Working with the partner WSDL
- Debugging and testing
- JSON Basics
- JSON and Java
- JSON and C# REST APIs
- An introduction to the Salesforce
- The REST API
- The Chatter REST API
- An overview of the Bulk API
- Using the Bulk API to modify data
- Querying with the Bulk API
- Bulk API 2.0
- The architecture
- Working with the PushTopic Streaming API
- Understanding Message Durability
- Working with the Generic Streaming API
- Key Streaming API facts
- Display Instant Notification in a Lightning Console
- Subscribe to a Platform Event
Declarative Integration Features
- Outbound messaging
- Salesforce Connect
- Salesforce to Salesforce
- Social Customer Service
Integrating Using Heroku Connect
- Integrating with an RDBMS
Using the Apex Data Loader as an Integration Client
- Data Loader overview
- Including Data Loader in architecture
Apex and Integration
- Introduction to Apex
- Custom Apex web services
- Apex callouts
- Email services
Embedding Web Pages and Applications within Salesforce
- Designing for Salesforce and the Salesforce1 mobile application
- Mashups and Visualforce
Computer Telephony Integration (CTI)
- Computer Telephony Integration
- Architecting a solution