These courses are being delivered by an IBM Global Training Provider
Do you want to find duplicates and perfect a search algorithm for your InfoSphere MDM
Physical implementation? Then this course is designed for you. The InfoSphere MDM V11
Physical Module Algorithms course prepares you to work with and customize the algorithm
configurations deployed to the InfoShere MDM Probabilistic Matching Engine (PME) for the
Physical MDM implementation.
This advanced course is for Business and Technical Specialist working with Suspect Duplicate Processing and Search services of InfoSphere MDM.
If you are new to MDM, you should take the follwowing courses:
- Introduction to InfoSphere Master Data Management V11.3 - WBT (1Z801G)
If you have experience with InfoSphere MDM, you do not need to take course 1Z801G.
Delegates will learn how to
- Understand how Duplicate Suspect Processing and Search (using PME) work for Physical Implementations of InfoSphere MDM
- Understand the MDM configuration project and database tables used by the PME
- Understand the PME Algorithms (Standardization, Bucketing and Comparison steps) and how to create and customize the algorithms using the workbench
- Understand how to analyze the Bucketing steps in an algorithm
- Understand how to generate weights for a given algorithm and how those weights are generated based on a sample database set.
- Understand how to analyze the weights that are generated using the workbench
- Understand how to deploy the PME configuration for a Physical implementation of InfoSphere MDM.
- Understand the integration between the Physical module and the PME
PME and Physical Overview
- Physical MDM Overview
- Terminology (Entity, Critical Data, Business Object)
- PME and Physical MDM ( Algorithms, Weights, Comparison Scores, Thresholds)
- Physical MDM Suspect Duplicate Processing
- Physical MDM Probabilistic Search
- Exercise: Testing the default Physical PME algorithm
Physical PME Data Model and Mapping
- Default Physical BObjs and mapping to PME
- Virtual Party Template
- Default Party Configuration project
- Exercise: Loading default Physical PME Configuration project
Physical MDM Algorithms
- Comparison Functions
- Exercise: Explore and customize the default Physical Algorithm
- Analysis Overview
- Attribute Completeness
- Bucket Analysis
- Exercise: Analyzing our Buckets
- Weights Overview (Frequency-based weights, Edit Distance weights and Parameterize weights)
- The weight formula
- Running weight generation
- Analyzing weights
- Bulk Cross Match process
- Pair Manager
- Threshold calculations
- Exercise: Generate Weights
- Exercise: Pair Manager and Threshold Calculations
- Exercise: Deploying the Physical MDM PME Configuration
Physical MDM PME Adapters and Converters
- MDM PME Adapter overview
- MDM Outbound and Inbound Converters
- Exercise: Creating a custom converter
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.