These courses are being delivered by an IBM Global Training Provider
The InfoSphere MDM Application Toolkit course introduces students to the Business Process Manager (BPM) and the Process Designer to create processes that will use MDM data and services.
This course has a heavy emphasis on exercises and takes a participant through creating a process to search and update a customer’s address. The search, get and update services are performed against the InfoSphere MDM.
If you are looking to get an introduction to how BPM and MDM can work together using the MDM Application Toolkit, then this course is for you.
The advanced course is designed for a technical audience that will be using the InfoSphere MDM Application Toolkit to build processes that involve the Physical or Virtual MDM.
You should be familiar with:
- The InfoSphere MDM software suite or attend the Introduction to InfoSphere MDM V11.3 (1Z801G) course available online.
- The Business Process Manager software suite or watch the following videos prior to attending class:
- Getting Started with IBM Business Process Manager V8.5.5
- Getting Started with IBM Process Designer V8.5.5
- Getting Started with IBM Process Center V8.5.5
- Getting Started with IBM Process Admin Console V8.5.5
- Getting Started with IBM Integration Designer V8.5.5
- Getting started with IBM Process Portal V8.5.5
Delegates will learn how to
- Understand the basic components of the Business Process Manager Designer
- Understand the MDM Application Toolkit components
- Understand the Physical MDM Business Objects and Interaction services
- Understand the Virtual MDM Business Objects and Interaction services
- Create a simple process that uses MDM services
- Design and build a process requiring MDM data
- Handle an Error returned by an MDM Interaction service
- Configure and use an MDM Coach View
- Unit 1: Introduction to BPM
- Unit 2: Using the Process Designer
- Exercise: Create a new Process
- Exercise: Create the User Interfaces
- Unit 3: InfoSphere MDM Application Toolkit
- Exercise: MDM Business Objects
- Exercise: Integration Services
- Exercise: MDM Error Handling
- Exercise: MDM Entity Services
- Exercise: MDM Code Tables
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.