It’s no surprise that technology continues to evolve and now more than ever, employees need to be ready and prepared with skills to work effectively in the digital age. What was once ‘ahead of us’ is now here. The new digital era is our new normal.
The digital age is redefining our role in the workplace. With such a changeable future ahead, it pays to be prepared to ensure you can increase your impact with the skills you will need to succeed.
As well as job specific skills, every role in every organisation also needs general people skills around topics such as collaboration, storytelling, relationship building and understanding strategy to name but a few.
Our brand new virtual workshop will explore 4 bite size key topic areas to support you to adapt to the new normal workplace:
- Collaborating in the digital age (MS Teams)
- Digital relationship building
- Thinking strategically – supporting your customers’ digital transformation
- Telling a story with data
Who will the course benefit?
Anyone who works with customers, stakeholders, colleagues and is required to collaborate, grow their business and build relationships.
Delegates will learn how to
- Describe the functionality of MS Teams
- Dos and don’ts of using online tools for meetings
- How to have impact, presence and etiquette when chairing virtual meetings
- Identify your own personal paradigms regarding the relationships you have with your customers
- Consider whether you need to make a paradigm shift in any of your customer relationships
- Identify how you will change thought processes
- Recognise what you can do within your circle of influence to alter those customer relationships you would like to be different
- Describe what ‘strategic thinking’ is and why it can benefit you in your role as an SDM
- List the five strategic questions
- Explain the habits, personal traits, behaviours and skills of a strategic thinker
- Detail the key stages of strategic thinking
- List some strategic thinking tools
- Discuss a SCOT or PESTLE in relation to your own customers
- How to bring data to life for your customer
- How to articulate what the data is telling you
- Present data in an engaging way
- Use storytelling to back up what the data is telling you
- Welcome and navigation
- Technology we use
- MS Teams overview
- Impact, presence and etiquette
- Review time
- What is a ‘paradigm’?
- Maps of the world
- What do you see?
- Our behaviours
- Inside-out approach
- See Do Get
- The circle of concern and influence
- What is ‘strategic thinking’?
- Stripping away the smoke and mirrors
- Strategic thinkers
- Key stages of strategic thinking
- Strategic thinking tools
- Data, data, everywhere!
- The four stages of analytics
- Gathering data
- Presenting and telling stories using data
- Top tips
- Action planning and close
Pre and post-course work
There will be some minimal pre and post workshop activities to complete which include self-reflection, pre-reading and watching a video.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.