This five-day (four-day when in-class) course will prepare you to lead an enterprise Agile transformation by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®). You will learn how to effectively apply the principles and practices of SAFe, including training with SAFe courseware, and coaching teams, launching Agile Release Trains, and building and managing an Agile portfolio. The first two days of the course— Leading SAFe—will provide you with the basis to teach SAFe to others, and if certified you will be eligible to teach the Leading SAFe course. The next two days focus exclusively on implementing SAFe.
Certification is optional to attendees. Those who achieve SPC certification are authorized to license SAFe training materials.
The course is intended for those who will be materially and directly involved in a SAFe adoption. This includes enterprise leaders, practitioners, change agents, and consultants responsible for implementing Agile programs and portfolios as part of an enterprise Lean-Agile change initiative.
- Attendees typically include:
- Professional Services Consultants
- Business and Technology Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors
- Portfolio Managers and Fiduciaries, Project/Program Management Office (PMO) personnel
- Development, QA and IT management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Managers
- Process Leads and Lifecycle Governance Personnel
- Enterprise, System and Solution Architects
- Internal Change Agents, Lean-Agile Center for Excellence, Agile Working Group
What you receive
- Attendee workbooks
- Eligibility to take the SPC exam which is included in the cost and sat in your own time within 30 days of event
- One-year membership to Scaled Agile (upon certification)
- Class attendance certificate upon request
- All stakeholders in a Lean-Agile transformation are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SPC4 certification exam and operate in the field as a SAFe Program Consultant:
- 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- 3+ years of experience in Agile
- One or more relevant Agile certifications
The student must complete the online exam after the completion of the course. The exam is not administered during the four days of training.
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 30 PDUs toward continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP or PMI-ACP certifications
- Attendees may be eligible to apply SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance
Delegates will learn how to
- Lead an enterprise Lean-Agile transformation
- Implement the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Implement and manage a Lean-Agile portfolio
- Align the organization to a common language and way of working
- Perform value stream analysis and identify value streams
- Launch and support Agile Release Trains and coordinate value streams
- Build and execute the implementation rollout strategy
- Configure the Framework for a specific enterprise context
- Train managers and executives in Leading SAFe and act as a SAFe Agilist (SA) certifying agent (SPCs only)
- Train teams in SAFe for Teams (S4T) and act as a SAFe Practitioner (SP) certifying agent (SPCs only)
The goal of this course is to prepare internal change agents and external consultants to:
- Lead an enterprise agile transformation
- Implement the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe)
- Train managers and executives in Leading SAFe and act as a SAFe Agilist (SA) certifying agent
- Train teams in SAFe Scrum XP for Teams and act as a SAFe Practitioner (SP) certifying agent
The first section of this class is an intensive version of Leading SAFe. The goal is to prepare certified SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs) to teach the course and act as a certifying agent for SAFe Agilists (SAs). You will also gain the knowledge necessary to lead an enterprise agile transformation by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework and its underlying principles of lean thinking and product development flow. You will leave with an understanding of how the principles and practices of the framework support Agile Teams, Agile Programs, Agile Program Portfolio Management and Agile Architecture.
In the second section, you will gain the knowledge needed to identify, plan, and implement SAFe programs with Agile Release Trains. Further, you’ll have the briefings, artifacts and templates you need to identify the value streams, prepare the organization, launch agile programs, plan and execute the major events, and implement effective processes and measures for continuous program improvement.
- Day 1 - Introductions, Training on the tooling we use, Lean & Agile Principles
- Day 2 - Principles, Team and Release Train structure and roles, Feature Development, Estimation and Prioritisation, Planning Simulation
- Day 3 - Continuation of Planning Process, DevOps, Lean Portfolio Management
- Day 4 - Reaching The Tipping Point, Organising Around Value, Preparing Release Trains
- Day 5 - Continuous Improvement, Extending Across The Organisation, Exam Preparation, Deep-Dive Question & Answer