OverviewThis course describes the concepts and configuration details when implementing PowerVM Live Partition Mobility on POWER6 and POWER7 processor-based servers. Students will learn the requirements of Live Partition Mobility and will configure HMCs, Virtual I/O Servers, and partitions in preparation for performing active and inactive migrations. Live hands-on exercises will allow students to configure a lab environment and perform Live Partition Mobility operations.
This course provides lectures and hands on labs in an instructor lead course environment, either in a face-to-face classroom or in a live virtual classroom environment (ILO - Instructor Led Online).
- Have completed Power Systems for AIX - Virtualization I: Implementing Virtualization (AN30) or Power Systems for AIX - Virtualization I: Implementing Virtualization - ILO (AX30) or have equivalent LPAR and Virtual I/O Server skills.
- Be proficient with HMC Version 7, Virtual I/O Server operations, and AIX LPAR system administration.
Who Should Attend?
The audiences for this advanced training include AIX/Linux technical support individuals, system administrators, system architects and engineers, and anyone who needs a technical operational understanding of PowerVM Live Partition Mobility.
Delegates will learn how to
- Describe key components of Live Partition Mobility
- Describe configuration settings necessary for the HMCs, the source and target Virtual I/O servers, and the mobile LPAR
- Perform and monitor PowerVM Live Partition Mobility operations
- Describe differences between active and inactive Live Partition
- Mobility configuration and operations
- Describe additional considerations when using dual Virtual I/O
- I/O Server configurations, Active Memory Sharing partitions, and redundant HMCs
- Live Partition Mobility Overview
- Live Partition Mobility Configuration
- Live Partition Mobility Operations
- Advanced LPM Configurations