The Implementing Cisco Tetration Analytics (DCITET) v1.0 course shows you how to deploy, use, and operate Cisco® Tetration Analytics™ platform for comprehensive workload-protection and application and network insights across a multicloud infrastructure. Through expert instruction, use cases, and hands-on labs, you will learn how the Cisco Tetration Analytics platform uses streaming telemetry, behavioral analysis, unsupervised machine learning, analytical intelligence, and big data analytics to deliver pervasive visibility, automated intent-based policy, workload protection, and performance management. You will get hands-on practice in software agent installation, implementing policy, workload security, administration and operational tasks, and more.
Cisco Tetration offers holistic workload protection for multicloud data centers by enabling a zero-trust model using segmentation. This approach allows you to identify security incidents faster, contain lateral movement, and reduce your attack surface.
To fully benefit from this course, you should have the following knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of cloud and (virtual) data center architecture or cloud basic networking concepts
- Familiarity with Cisco basic networking security concepts and application security concepts
- Familiarity with basic Cisco telemetry protocols and Big Data analytics
- Familiarity with basic Cisco data analytics pipelines, intelligent algorithms, tools, and concepts
Delegates will learn how to
This course will help you:
- Learn how to implement and use the Cisco Tetration platform to address data center security challenges and provide secure infrastructure for workload protection
- Learn how Cisco Tetration Analytics integrates into the intent-based network management automation infrastructure using application security policy and other network policies
- Learn how the Cisco Tetration big data platform analyses data using unsupervised machine learning and behavior analysis to support application, network, and security use cases
- Gain knowledge and skills through Cisco’s unique combination of lessons and hands-on practice using enterprise-grade Cisco learning technologies, data center equipment, and software
- Succeed in today’s demanding data center operations roles
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Define the Cisco telemetry and analytics approach. Explore common scenarios that Cisco Tetration Analytics can solve.
- Describe how the Cisco Tetration Analytics platform collects telemetry and other context information. Discuss how relative agents are installed and configured. Explore the operational aspects of the Cisco Tetration Analytics platform.
- Describe the Cisco Tetration Analytics support for application visibility or application insight based on the Application Dependency Mapping (ADM) feature.
- List the concepts of the intent-based declarative network management automation model.
- Describe the Cisco Tetration policy enforcement pipeline, components, functions, and implementation of application policy.
- Describe how to use Cisco Tetration Analytics for workload protection in order to provide a secure infrastructure for business-critical applications and data.
- Describe Cisco Tetration Analytics platform use cases in the modern heterogeneous, multicloud data center.
- List the options for the Cisco Tetration Analytics platform enhancements.
- Explain how to perform the Cisco Tetration Analytics administration.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.