The Implementing Automation for Cisco Service Provider Solutions (SPAUI) v1.0 course prepares you to implement and support automation solutions in a Service Provider network infrastructure, using network programmability principles, protocols, tools, and mechanisms. Through a combination of lessons and hands-on labs, you will learn to deploy, configure, monitor, and operate Service Provider network environments using modern data models. These models allow you to represent operational data and new network management protocols in order to administer hundreds or thousands of devices in a single operation, replacing traditional, time-consuming, error prone, device-by-device Command Line Interface (CLI) management. The course also introduces powerful automation solutions that can streamline network operations.
This course covers Yet Another Next Generation (YANG) data models and validation tools, Representational State Transfer Configuration Protocol RESTCONF and Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) management protocols, model-driven telemetry with Google Remote Procedure Call (gRPC) and Google Network Management Interface (gNMI), traffic automation with XR Transport Control (XTC), Secure Shell (SSH)-based automation tools like NetMiko and Ansible, orchestration provided by Network Services Orchestration (NSO), Network Function Virtualization (NFV) lifecycle management with Elastic Services Controller (ESC), and network operations automation with WAN Automation Engine (WAE)
- CCNP equivalent level of knowledge for Routing and Switching (R and S)
- Cisco Internetworking Operating System (IOS XE) and Cisco IOS XR working experience
- SP Operations experience with routing, Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) and Virtual Private Network (VPN) Solutions
- Network Programmability Basics (Network Programming Foundations, APIs and Protocols, Network Model Driven APIs and Protocols, Configuration Management with Ansible, Service Provider Network Automation workflows)
The following Cisco courses can help you gain the knowledge you need to prepare for this course:
- Introducing Automation for Cisco Solutions (CSAU)
- Implementing and Operating Cisco Service Provider Network Core Technologies (SPCOR)
- Implementing Cisco Service Provider Advanced Routing Solutions (SPRI)
- Implementing Cisco Service Provider VPN Services (SPVI)
Delegates will learn how to
- Use NETCONF and RESTCONF programmability protocols on Cisco devices
- Describe and use tools to validate YANG data models on Cisco devices
- Describe and configure model-driven telemetry on Cisco devices
- Describe and configure network traffic automation with Cisco XTC
- Describe and use network automation tools that utilize SSH
- Automate service provider network configuration with Cisco NSO
- Describe how to automate virtualized resources with Cisco ESC
- Describe how to automate service provider WAN with Cisco WAE
- Implementing Network Device Programmability Interfaces with NETCONF and RESTCONF
- Implement NETCONF Protocol
- Implement RESTCONF Protocol
- Implementing Model-Driven Programmability with YANG
- YANG Data Models
- YANG Tools
- YANG Development Kit
- Implementing Model-Driven Telemetry
- Implementing Model-Driven Telemetry with gRPC
- Implementing Model-Driven Telemetry with gNMI
- Automating Service Provider Network Traffic with Cisco XTC
- Cisco XTC Fundamentals
- Configure Cisco XTC
- Automating Networks with Tools That Utilize SSH
- Implement Device Configurations with Python Netmiko Library
- Implement Device Configurations with Ansible Playbooks
- Orchestrating Network Services with Cisco NSO
- Cisco NSO Fundamentals
- Cisco NSO Device Manager
- Cisco NSO Services
- Implement Device Configurations with Python
- Automating Virtualized Resources with Cisco Elastic Services Controller
- Cisco ESC Architecture
- Cisco ESC Resource Management
- Automating the WAN with Cisco WAE
- Describe the Cisco WAE Components
- Lab outline
- Explore NETCONF Protocol in Cisco Devices
- Configure Cisco IOS XE Devices with RESTCONF
- Explore Cisco and OpenConfig YANG Data Models with YANG Tools
- Use ncclient and Python to Configure Cisco Devices
- Use YANG Development Kit (YDK) to Configure Cisco Devices
- Configure Model-Driven Telemetry with gRPC
- Configure Model-Driven Telemetry with gNMI
- Configure Path Disjointness with Cisco XTC
- Use Python Netmiko Library to Configure Cisco Devices
- Use Ansible to Configure Cisco Devices
- Use Cisco NSO Device Manager
- Create a Loopback Service Template
- Use Cisco NSO REST API with Postman
- Explore and Use Cisco WAE Features
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.