The Implementing an Integrated Threat Defense Solution (SECUR201) v1.2 course provides an analysis of the cybersecurity landscape with an emphasis on the importance of an integrated threat defense architecture. Through a combination of lessons and hands-on practice, you will learn to deploy and integrate Cisco®’s Integrated Threat Defense solutions which include: Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE), Cisco Stealthwatch, Cisco Firepower NGFW, and Cisco AMP for Endpoints. This course provides you with the knowledge and skills to implement and integrate solution components with existing network services, integrate solution components with the pxGrid (Platform Exchange Grid) framework, integrate network and endpoint-based malware protection, and observation of security dataflow after the introduction of malware.
This course will help you:
- Gain hands-on practice integrating Cisco’s Integrated Threat Defense solutions
- Gain leading-edge career skills for high-demand job roles and responsibilities focused on enterprise security
To fully benefit from this course, you should have the following knowledge:
- Technical understanding of TCP/IP networking and network architecture including DNS, SSH, FTP, SNMP, HTTP, and HTTPS
- Technical understanding of security concepts and protocols
- Familiarity with Cisco ISE, Stealthwatch, Firepower, and AMP
The following course can help you meet these prerequisites:
- 'Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA)'
Delegates will learn how to
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the network security landscape and the Cisco Integrated Threat Defense (ITD) solutions
- Describe the key components of the ITD solution and their use in the network
- Configure the Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) for a baseline of operation in the ITD solution
- Configure the integration between the Cisco Stealthwatch® and Cisco ISE platforms
- Configure the integration between the Cisco Firepower® and ISE platforms
- Configure the integration between Cisco Firepower and Cisco Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) for Endpoints
- Integrated Threat Defense Introduction
- ITD Products
- Identity Services Engine Setup
- Integration of Stealthwatch with Identity Services Engine
- Integration of Firepower with Identity Services Engine
- Integration of Firepower with AMP for Endpoints
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.