with the OSI Management Framework. In this course learners will get hands on experience using IMC to manage ComWare and ProVision products as well as products from 3rd party vendors like Cisco, Microsoft and VMWare.
Learners should have experience in the networking field to get the most from this training course
- Network Engineers and Administrators
- Network Architects and Consultants
Delegates will learn how to
Module 1: Introduction to IMC
- Design Overview
- Network Stakeholders
- IMC Platform Portfolio
- IMC Modules - Modules Overview - Application Performance Manager
- Network Traffic Analyzer Module - User Access Management Module
- Endpoint Admission Defense Module - Service Operation
- Mnagement Module - User Behavior Module - Wireless Services
- Manager Module - Virtual Application Networks Connection Manager -
- Virtual Application Networks Fabric Manager - Virtual Applications
- Networks SDN Manager - TACACS Authentication Manager - QoS
- Module - Service Health Manager - Remote Site Manager - MPLS VPN
- Manager Module - IPSec/VPN Manager Module - Branch Intelligent
- Management Module - Intelligent Analysis Reporter
- Technical Design Layers
- Deployment Models
Module 2: IMC Initial Access
- Installation Process
- IMC Processes
- Deployment Monitoring Agent
- Installing Licenses
- Accessing IMC
- IMC GUI Overview
- Interface Enhancements
- IMC Administration
Module 3: Adding Devices
- Device Setup Requirements
- Resource Management Templates
- Adding Devices
- Other Third-party Devices
- Other Tasks for New Devices
- Wizards: Quick Start
- Basic IMC Management Verification
Module 4: View Management
- View Management Default Views
- Customized Topologies
- Data Center Topologies
- Shortcuts (Favorites)
Module 5: Configuration Management
- Configuration Center
- Basic Device Configuration
- Compliance Center
Module 6: Events and Alarms
- Monitoring Overview
- Alarm Overview
- Alarm Settings
- SNMP Trap Management
- Syslog Management
Module 7: VLAN Management
- VLAN Overview
- VLAN Configuration and Management
Module 8: ACL Management
- ACL Overview
- ACL Configuration
- ACL Verification
Module 9: Virtualization Management
- Virtualization Overview
- IMC Standards and Policies for Virtualization
- VCM Preparation
- VCM Configuration and Verification
Module 10: User Access Management
- Basic 802.1X
- UAM as Radius Server
- Advanced 802.1X
Module 11: Performance Management
- Performance Management Overview
- Port Groups
- Performance Management Components
- Real-time Monitor
Module 12: Network Traffic Analysis (NTA)
- NTA Overview
- Device Configurations
- Configure NTA for Traffic Analysis and Auditing
- Host Session Monitoring
- Interface Monitoring
Module 13: Reporting
- Reporting Overview
- Real-Time Reports
- Custom Reports
- Viewing Scheduled Reports
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.