This course includes submission of assignments. Marking of each assignment is included within the cost of the course along with two free re-submissions but should delegates refer on their assignment more than twice then re-marking will then incur an additional charge of £25 per submission.
This programme is designed to help team-leaders and supervisors identify the key differences between working within a team, and assisting in the supervision of a team, and to provide them with practical tools to support them.
Programme duration approx 5 months, consisting of pre course work, 3 days classroom training and assignments.
This workshop is highly participative, using facilitated discussion, presentations, validated tools of self-assessment, case studies and group work. The workshop promotes reflective review, and encourages delegates to find opportunities to apply the learning in the workplace. Delegates will complete two work-based learning assignments, which are assessed and verified by the ILM in order to achieve their accreditation.
This course is designed for anyone aspiring to or new to a supervisory or team leading position who is seeking an industry recognised qualification or for experienced team members wishing to develop their skills for their first supervisory role.
By the end of the programme you will be able to:
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Recognise the differences between leadership and management
- Describe and apply a range of leadership styles that complement the organisational structure
- Examine the impact of leadership style on team performance
- Appreciate the importance of team performance in achieving organisational objectives
- Recognise and rectify underperformance
- Apply theories of motivation to increase team and individual performance
This programme will:
- Explore the role of leadership and management
- Identify a range of leadership behaviours, values and guiding principles
- Examine the cause and effect of leadership actions
- Enable participants to explore their own leadership styles
- Develop an understanding of the true meaning of performance management
- Promote effective objective setting
- Identify the triggers and causes of underperformance
- Analyse suitable strategies for responding to performance issues
- Address key motivational theories