The purpose of this hands-on, two-day course is to help developers embrace the agile mindset as it relates to software engineering. It concentrates on the skills and tools needed to inspect and adapt code efficiently and effectively to accommodate new insights, product changes, and technical innovations. Refactoring, Unit Tests, Test-Driven Development, and the basics of good design are just some of the topics covered to equip developers to write high-quality code that is easily understood, changed, and maintained.
This course also focuses on the importance of and techniques for effective developer collaboration within and across agile teams. Topics like collective code ownership and paired programming are among the collaboration concepts included.
Agile Developers, Programmers, Development Managers, Technical Team Leads or other team members involved in development or who would like to increase their agile programming knowledge.
Pre Course Reading
Delegates will learn how to
As a result of participating in the course, learners will be able to:
- Inspect and adapt code efficiently and effectively to accommodate new insights, product changes, and technical innovations.
- Explain the benefits of refactoring, unit tests, Test-Driven Development - TDD, and the basics of good design.
- Apply SOLID design principles to your code.
- Understand the value of collective code ownership and paired programming.
- Unit Testing
- Readable Tests
- Test Coverage
- Testing Patterns
- Speed of Builds
- Test Doubles
- Code Smells
- Refactoring with Existing Tests
- Dealing with Legacy Code
- Collective Responsibility
- Pair Programming
The Build Process
- Build Tools and Version Control
- Continuous Integration