Combining the best of digital and live learning, with access to world class industry experts, we focus on making sure you can apply our learning to help you drive impactful results in your workplace. This is all underpinned by our digital platform, giving you the tools to track progress and manage your own learning.
Learners will be expected to have a grasp of fundamental Agile concepts, some knowledge or experience of Product Ownership would be beneficial but not essential.
At the end of this course, the learner will be able to:
- discuss and distinguish the key characteristics of value-based product ownership and explain why this skill-set is critical for success in an Agile environment.
- demonstrate ways in which Agile Product Ownership facilitates effective collaboration and communication within and across teams.
- create a delivery roadmap that illustrates planned value and identifies measurable outcomes.
- categorise stakeholders and represent their conflicting needs using tools such as personas, storyboarding, story maps, etc.
- demonstrate a variety of techniques for exploring potential solutions and communication solution elements using models and examples.
- dentify artefacts which will 'live long' and ways to record and maintain them so they will be valuable in the future.
- Digital Essential Learning – 7.5 hours completed over a minimum of 3 weeks
- Live Virtual Classroom – 2 days
- Apply phase – Up to 18.5 hours of effective work over 3 months
- What is product ownership?
- Skills of a good Product Owner
- Stakeholders and Product Owners
- Organisational context
- The product roadmap
- Building your team
- The product backlog
- Products vs Projects
- What is product ownership?
- Levels of Product Ownership
- Understanding your stakeholders
- Organisational context
- Using the business model canvas
- Building an Agile team
- User stories
- Cost of delay
- Version control
- Workplace application plan aligned to business objectives and context and confirmed by line managers
- Plan, set and action your set of personal objectives, based on four key Product Owner skills, the four skills are:
- Skill 1: Delivering increased value to customers
- Skill 2: Taking a more focused and more empowered approach to Product Ownership
- Skill 3: Increasing team motivation and organisational confidence in progression
- Skill 4: Improving resource justification based on value measurement
- Evidence the application of Agile Product Ownership in the workplace, demonstrating the use of key tools, such as user stories, product backlog management, prioritisation and more
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.