IBM Spectrum Protect 8.1.9 is a data backup and recovery solution designed to help you manage your data retention, reduce the cost of storage, and provide appropriate recovery point objectives to meet any service level agreement. IBM Spectrum Protect offers improved efficiency and flexibility using object-based data management and policy driven retention.
This five-day course will focus on implementation and basic administration of a IBM Spectrum Protect environment. The hands-on lab exercises are performed on a Windows 2016 environment. The course materials include examples of AIX and Linux commands, when different from Windows.
- Ability to navigate Windows 2016
- A basic understanding of concepts regarding client/server relationships
Delegates will learn how to
- Describe the purpose of IBM Spectrum Protect
- Install and configure the IBM Spectrum Protect components
- Use the administrative and client interfaces
- Discuss storage methodology options and create storage pools
- Customize data movement and retention policies to meet business requirements
- Configure the IBM Spectrum Protect database and storage pools for protection
- Optimize client configuration
- Perform backup, restore, archive and retrieve operations
- Organize daily tasks required to protect the IBM Spectrum Protect environment
- Automate and monitor client and administrative tasks and events
- Unit 1 - Components and concepts
- Unit 2 - Installation and configuration
- Unit 3 - Interfaces and monitoring
- Unit 4 - Storage pools and devices
- Unit 5 - Policy management, data movement, and expiration
- Unit 6 - Server database and storage pool management
- Unit 7 - Client configuration and management
- Unit 8 - Client data protection
- Unit 9 - Daily operations and maintenance
- Unit 10 - Schedules and reports
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.