The IBM i2 Analyst’s Notebook Core Skills Course using v9.0.5 will provide students with a foundation level of knowledge to use the latest version of Analyst’s Notebook (ANB) effectively. It will introduce the core functions of the software to enable students to create, search, merge and customise Analyst’s Notebook (ANB).
Students will be able to apply the correct charting conventions, create association and temporal charts, conduct basic search and analysis functions, import data to create basic charts, merge existing charts, print charts and customise ANB.
This course provides a foundation level and does not cover the many analysis functions currently available within the software. For students wishing to understand the full functionality of the software, it is recommended they attend the 2-day Advanced Analysis and Importing Course that will cover the more complex search and analysis functions that allow charts to be fully interrogated.
To support students from all working environments, a range of data sets are used during the course, including people, financial, communication and crime data.
Students must have a satisfactory knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office applications.
Delegates will learn how to
After completing the course students will be able to:
- Understand the basic terminology, rules and behaviours within ANB
- Create association and temporal charts using the correct entities, links and attributes
- Apply link analysis to identify how entities are connected
- Change the representation of existing charts to assist research and analysis
- Create a template to customise ANB to suit an organisational need
- Use the basic search and find functions
- Define how dates and times are used to create and interrogate charts
- Complete a basic import using data to produce association and temporal charts
- Analyse charts to identify patterns using the analytical chart layouts
- Combine charts to identify new links and potential duplicates
- Utilise the publishing tools to show header, footer and legend
- Apply the correct page setup for printing purposes
1 - Welcome and Introductions
1.2 - Introduction to ANB: Menus and navigation
2.1 - Creating Charts Association Style
2.2 - Change Representation Sequence of Events (SOE)
3 - Searching
4 - Customising ANB
5 - Combining Charts
6 - Using Layouts to Analyse
7 - Basic Importing
8 - Time Zones
9 - Presentation Charts
10 - Dissemination Charts
11 - Final Exercise