These courses are being delivered by an IBM Global Training Provider
This course teaches you the configuration and administration of an IBM FileNet P8 Platform 5.5.x system. It introduces you to the key concepts of IBM FileNet P8 Platform architecture and organizing the content across the enterprise. You will learn how to build content repositories, configure metadata, create storage areas, manage security, logging, and auditing, run bulk processing, use the sweep framework, extend the functionality with Events and Subscription, migrate and deploy FileNet P8 assets between environments, and configure content-based retrieval searches.
Familiarity with enterprise content management concepts.
Introduction to IBM FileNet P8 Platform
• IBM FileNet P8 Platform features
• IBM FileNet P8 Platform integration options
• IBM FileNet P8 Platform components
• IBM FileNet P8 Platform solutions
Architecture and domain structures
• IBM FileNet P8 Platform Architecture
• Explore the core IBM FileNet P8 Platform applications
• Locate P8 domain structures
• Use IBM Content Navigator
• View and archive system logs
• Configure trace logging
• Create audit definitions
• Prune audit entries
Manage storage areas
• Create a file storage area
• Create a storage policy
• Create an advanced storage area
Build an object store
• Create JDBC data sources for an object store
• Create an object store
• Add the repository to an IBM Content Navigator desktop
Create property templates and classes
• Create a choice list
• Create property templates
• Create document and folder classes
Modify classes and properties
• Change the property template name
• Modify a choice list
• Work with metadata dependencies
Use events to trigger actions
• Create a subscription with an event action
• Update the event action with new code module
Configure security for IBM FileNet P8 assets
• Configure initial object store security
• Use the Security Script wizard
• Configure default instance security
• Configure security inheritance
• Implement designer group access
• Configure role-based access
Use bulk operations
• Use bulk actions to modify security for multiple documents
• Use bulk operations to cancel checkout of documents
Configure content-based retrieval searches
• Register IBM Content Search Services
• Configure index partitioning
• Configure content-based indexes
• Create content-based searches
Work with sweeps
• Configure a bulk move content job
• Create a disposal policy
• Create a content migration policy
Move IBM FileNet P8 Platform applications between environments
• Configure a destination environment
• Create a source environment
• Export the FileNet P8 application assets
• Convert and analyze the FileNet P8 assets
• Import the application assets
• Run a change impact analysis in command line
Introduction to IBM FileNet P8 content services containers
• IBM FileNet P8 content services containers
• Benefits of containers
• Considerations when choosing containers
Organize content across the enterprise
• Plan for Multitenancy
• Isolate content in an IBM FileNet P8 platform system
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.