These courses are being delivered by an IBM Global Training Provider
This offering provides participants with introductory to advanced knowledge of metadata modeling concepts, and how to model metadata for predictable reporting and analysis results using Framework Manager. Participants will learn the full scope of the metadata modeling process, from initial project creation, to publishing of metadata to the web, enabling end users to easily author reports and analyze data.
- Knowledge of common industry-standard data structures and design
- Experience with SQL
- Experience gathering requirements and analyzing data
- IBM Cognos Analytics: Author Reports Fundamentals (v11.0.x) (recommended)
Delegates will learn how to
Please refer to course overview
Introduction to IBM Cognos Framework Manager
• Model data and identifying related data
• Define requirements and modeling strategies
• Overview of IBM Cognos Framework Manager
• Create a baseline project
• Extend a model
• Prepare reusable metadata
Model for predictable results in IBM Cognos Framework Manager
• Identify query issues
• Identify reporting traps
• Model virtual star schemas
• Use query subjects, modify relationships, and consolidate metadata using virtual objects
• Create calculations, filter data, and customize metadata for runtime
• Implement a time dimension and specify determinants
Model for presentation in IBM Cognos Framework Manager
• Create a presentation view
• Examine data source query subject types and stored procedure query subject types
• Specify data security and package security
• Specify object security and dynamic data security
• Create analysis objects
• Manage OLAP data sources
Advanced capabilities in IBM Cognos Framework Manager
• Explore SQL generation and the use of governors
• Examine the use of IBM Cognos SQL and generated SQL for DMR data
• Other query considerations
• Use session parameters, prompt macros, and security macro functions
• Use materialized views, minimize SQL, and enable Dynamic Query Mode (DQM)
• DQM, CQM, caching metadata, query processing, aggregate calculation, and other ways to improve performance
Extended capabilities in IBM Cognos Framework Manager (Optional)
• Perform basic maintenance and management on a model
• Remap metadata to another source and import and link additional data sources
• Run scripts to automate or update a model and report on a model
• Segment a project, link a project, and branch a model
• Nest packages and specify package languages and functions
• Explore additional modeling techniques and customize metadata for a multilingual audience
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.