These courses are being delivered by an IBM Global Training Provider
This offering covers the fundamental concepts of installing and configuring IBM Cognos Analytics, and administering servers and content, in a distributed environment. In the course, participants will identify requirements for the installation and configuration of a distributed IBM Cognos Analytics software environment, implement security in the environment, and manage the server components. Students will also monitor and schedule tasks, create data sources, and manage and deploy content in the portal and IBM Cognos Administration.
- Basic knowledge of Web application server architectures
- Basic knowledge of security systems administration
- Experience using basic Windows functionality
- Knowledge of your business requirements
Introduction to IBM Cognos Analytics administration
• IBM Cognos Analytics components
• Administration workflow
• IBM Cognos Administration
• IBM Cognos Configuration
Identify IBM Cognos Analytics architecture
• Features of the IBM Cognos Analytics architecture
• Examine the multi-tiered architecture, and identify logging types and files
• Examine IBM Cognos Analytics servlets
• Performance and installation planning
• Balance the request load
• Configure IBM Cognos Analytics
Secure the IBM Cognos Analytics environment
• Identify the IBM Cognos Analytics security model
• Define authentication in IBM Cognos Analytics
• Define authorization in IBM Cognos Analytics
• Identify security policies
• Secure the IBM Cognos Analytics environment
Administer the IBM Cognos Analytics server environment
• Administer IBM Cognos Analytics servers
• Monitor system performance
• Manage dispatchers and services
• Tune system performance, and troubleshoot the server
• Audit logging
• Dynamic cube data source administration workflow
Manage run activities
• View current, past, and upcoming activities
• Manage schedules
Manage content in IBM Cognos Administration
• Data sources and packages
• Manage visualizations in the library
• Other content management tasks
Examine departmental administration capabilities
• Create and manage team members
• Manage activities
• Create and manage content and data
• Manage system settings
• Manage Themes, Extensions, and Views
• Share services with multiple tenants
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.