This course is aimed primarily at the management level of organisations rather than the technical or DevOps layers and provides an analyst-led approach to examine how Hybrid changes the dynamic of how we evolve IT.
This has never been more important with the changes imposed during Covid-19 where the nature of business-factored IT has had to devolve tasks and operations to cloud based technologies outside of the traditional IT schema.
- An understanding of basic enterprise computing schema and concepts.
- An awareness of the market offerings of popular Cloud services.
- An awareness of the advantages compared to on-prem development.
Also useful but not required:
- Some knowledge of service level agreements and procurement.
- An appreciation of the risk factors in a post-GDPR world.
- An appreciation of basic security requirements on data controllers / data processors.
- No technical ability or knowledge is needed to attend this course, there are no technical hands-on workshops.
- Project management experience of staff and resources (a Prince7 certification is not required)
- Basic understanding of DevOps and Cloud Native practices
- What is Cloud? Understanding the evolution of cloud services and how the need for hybrid cloud has evolved.
- How do we define what Hybrid means to our organisations and how do we define business use cases ?
- How to avoid the mistakes that other organisations have made in their pathway to Hybrid Cloud.
- What are the significant issues facing our businesses as we think about the services and demands of our customers, internal and external.
- What are our responsibilities as owners and processors of data and what data is suitable for migration to Cloud?
- What are the core issues that affect us as businesses culturally when we think about Hybrid?
- Cloud Native - what is it, why is it important to our evolution as organisations and what can we do to embrace better ways of working?
- Privacy and security - a definitive discussion and primer on how we think about security in the cloud dynamic, both hybrid and public.
- DevOps enablement - how do we enable and reinforce our DevOps teams and provide them the tools and confidence to help our businesses move to Cloud?
- Choosing your Cloud provider partner and understanding the difference between Cloud Native Ops and Cloud-hosted Applications.
- Being a leader in your business to enhance the procurement of your Hybrid Cloud.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.