This HPE NonStop Administration course is the first of three courses to make you familiar with administering an HPE NonStop System. In this 5 days’ introduction course you be exposed to architecture and common NonStop tools as TACL, SCF, SCF, OSM and PERUSE/SPOOLCOM. Additionally, an introduction will be given about the Filesystem, PathWay and LANs/WANs. The course is not focused on any specific HPE NonStop System generation. The course is 70% lecture and 30% hands on labs using HPE servers.
System Operators, System Administrators, Systems Analysts, Technical Support Analysts
Before attending this course the student doesn´t need previous experience or prerequisites.
Delegates will learn how to
- Be familiar with the Integrity NonStop server architecture.
- Describe computing environments and operator tasks
- Monitor your NonStop server and its subsystems
- Demonstrate the use of TACL, FUP, SCF and OSM to monitor the system
- Describe how to manage security, disks, tapes
- Demonstrate how to view, modify, and correct system spooler and print job problems
- Module 1 - Course Overview
- Module 2 – Design Goals for HP NonStop Servers
- Module 3 – HP NonStop Architecture
- NonStop System Hardware Architecture
- NonStop System Kernel
- Open System Services
- Module 4 – Operator Tools
- Introduction to TACL
- File System Introduction
- The TACL Environment
- Working with Spooler Jobs (Peruse)
- Module 5 – NonStop Technical Library (NTL)
- Module 6 – Managing Files
- File System Introduction
- The File Utility Program (FUP)
- Module 7 – Managing Print Jobs
- Monitoring the Spooler
- Managing Spooler Objects (SPOOLCOM)
- Module 8 – Monitoring Systems
- Open System Management (OSM) Overview
- Monitoring Enclosures, Hardware, and Software
- Event Management Service (EMS)
- Monitoring Processors
- The Subsystem Control Facility (SCF)
- Monitoring Disks, Printers, Tape Drives, and Terminals
- Module 9 – Monitoring Applications
- The Pathway Application Environment
- Module 10 – Monitoring LANs and WANs
- IP CLIM
- Module 11 – Support and Information Services
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.