Following a very popular and informative talk at Black Hat Europe 2018. This webinar helps to explain the Dark and Deep Web portion of the Internet that cannot be accessed by traditional search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo, which is about 95% of the Internet.
After the takedown of the dark web’s largest marketplaces Alphabay and Hansa who are associated with the trade in illicit items drugs, weapons, malware and stolen data. Hansa was seized and covertly monitored before being deactivated! Dark web sites spring up as fast as they are taken down, because they are lucrative and thrive on anonymous transactions. Despite the sophistication of anonymity tools Tor and Cryptocurrency, law enforcement’s best clues were the result of criminal ineptitude. Ever since AlphaBay went offline, users of the site had discussed potential alternative dark web marketplaces on online forums, where are they now?
Date: Friday 22nd November 2019
Time: 12:00 – 13:00
This webinar session is intended for anyone who wishes to understand what information is available on the various Deep and Dark web sites. It will be of interest to those in the private and public-sector investigations, compliance industry, financial institutions, insurance companies, journalists and those with interest in knowing more about the Internet.
This webinar will allow listeners to:
- Understand what the Deep Web is
- Understand the differences between the Surface, Deep and Dark Webs
- How to access the Dark and Deep Web
- How social media has been used to reveal the Deep and Dark Web
- Understand how Tor works
- Dark Web markets
- Social Media on the Dark Web
- What is the Tor Protocol and Network?
- Describe how Tor Hidden Services (THS) are created and work
- Where to find Tor Hidden Services
- Use Tor on mobile devices, understand the leaky devices
- Explore the other Dark webs Tor, I2p, Freenet, Zeronet, Open Bazaar 2 and GNUNet
- Differences between Surface, Deep and Dark Webs
- What is the Deep Web
- Exploiting Deep Web Archives
- Online Databases
- History of criminal forums
- History of infamous Dark Web Sites
- Understand how Tor works safely and legally
- Tor Hidden Services Protocol
- Tunnels and Eepsites used in i2P
- Freenet Dark Web
- Future of the Dark Web