Please note: it is essential to complete the pre-course online assessment before attending this course. Please see the 'Prerequisites' section for more details.
“The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.”
William James – American Psychologist and Philosopher
ABOUT THIS COURSE
This interactive workshop explores the impact of stress, its signs and symptoms, and the tools to manage it. It then further develops your ability to manage your stress through ways of developing your resilience.
People who attend this course often ask us:
- How can I feel less stressed at work?
- Sometimes I don’t feel in control of things, what can help?
- How can I manage my stress more effectively?
- How can I build my resilience?
- How can I work more effectively under pressure?
- How can I improve my work-life balance?
The morning of the course explores what stress is, as well as the difference between ‘good’ and ‘bad’ stress, identifying its signs and symptoms, impact and practical tools to help beat stress.
The afternoon explores seven ‘resilience factors’ and the tools required to develop these, as well as reviewing your individual resilience against those factors.
If you’re a manager, being more resilient can help you support your people more effectively, for example through change and when they come under pressure.
This course is suitable for managers and employees, for people when:
- experiencing stress
- working in a demanding environment
- going through change
- seeking to achieve a better work-life balance
It’s also a useful introduction for managers who want to understand how to reduce the stress, and increase the resilience, of their reports.
You’ll be asked to complete the Resilience Factor Inventory (RFI) questionnaire from Korn Ferry Hay Group/Adaptiv Learning Systems prior to attending the workshop, and to bring along your results.
Please Note: that this is an online questionnaire managed by Adaptiv Learning Systems within a website hosted in the USA. Prior to completing the questionnaire, you’ll be asked to create an account directly with Adaptiv Learning Systems, and provide some personal/ demographic data. QA do not have access to the data that you share with Adaptiv Learning Systems - the results will be sent directly to the email address you provide to them.
You will learn how to:
- Identify the difference between ‘bad’ and ‘good’ stress
- recognise the importance of dealing effectively with stress
- Identify early signs of stress in self and others
- Identify own stressors and how I can contribute to my own stress
- Develop an action plan for beating stress
- Review my personal resilience profile
- Identify strategies for developing my resilience across 7 factors
- Develop an action plan for developing resilience
What will the course cover?
- What is stress?
- Spotting stress
- Stress triggers
- Beating stress
- Action planning
- What is resilience?
- The 7 factors and your profile
- Emotional regulation
- Impulse control
- Causal analysis
- Realistic optimism
- Reaching out
- Putting things into perspective
- Action planning