In this hands-on instructor led course, you will understand and learn how to use the Google Drive app for file storage, sharing and collaborative editing. You can store, access and share your files on any device with Google Drive whether it be PC, tablet or mobile device. As well as learning about the Google drive app as a file storage and sharing tool, you will also look at Google Drive’s online suite of productivity tools to create and edit documents, spreadsheets and presentations. An introduction to the Google draw and form apps will also be covered.
This course is suitable for any individual who needs to use Google Drive to store, share and collaborate on files; as well as being able to edit their files using Google's productivity tools whether it be a document, spreadsheet or a presentation.
This course can be customised to meet your organisation's specific requirements or Google environment, please contact us for further details.
- Use a mouse
- Type and use a keyboard
- Experience in web browsing
- Work with windows - minimise, maximise, open and close
- Basic skills with Microsoft Office applications, or equivalent, are recommended, but not mandatory
Dual monitor setup is required for when attending this course via the QA Attend from Anywhere delivery method.
- Understand the Google Drive app and its benefits
- Use the Google Drive app to upload, store and share various file formats
- Use the productivity tools available within Google Drive to create and edit documents, spreadsheets, presentations, drawings and forms
- Understand the useful add-ons available to enhance functionality for the Google Drive app
- Discuss how to access your Google drive files offline and on various devices
Module 1: Introduction to G Suite
- Topic A: What are G Suite Tools?
- Topic B: What is “The Cloud”?
- Topic C: Introduction to Google Chrome
- Topic D: Logging into your G Suite Tools
Module 2: Getting Started with Google Drive
- Topic A: What is Google Drive?
- Topic B: Google Drive Overview
- Topic C: Uploading a File to Google Drive
- Topic D: Searching, Viewing and Converting Files
Module 3: Google Docs
- Topic A: Introduction to Google Docs
- Topic B: Navigating and Highlighting a Document
- Topic C: Formatting
- Topic D: Other Useful Options in Google Docs
Module 4: Sharing and Collaboration
- Topic A: Introduction to Sharing Files and Folders
- Topic B: Stop Sharing or Restrict Access
Module 5: Google Sheets
- Topic A: Introduction to Google sheets
- Topic B: The Google Sheet Application Window
- Topic C: Navigating and Highlighting a Google Sheet
- Topic D: Entering Data
- Topic E: Introduction to Formulae and Functions
- Topic F: Formatting
- Topic G: Layout and Print Options
Module 6: Google Slides
- Topic A: Introduction to Google Slides
- Topic A: The Google Slides Application Window
- Topic B: Working with Slides
- Topic C: Editing Text
- Topic D: Inserting Slides
- Topic E: Formatting
- Topic F: Presentation Views and Layouts
Module 7: Google Drawings
- Topic A: Introduction to Google Drawings
- Topic B: Creating a Drawing
- Topic C: Adding, Editing and Formatting Shapes
- Topic D: Adding Text to Shapes
Module 8: Google Forms
- Topic A: An Introduction to Google Forms
- Topic B: Working with Forms
- Topic C: Responses
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.