This one-day instructor-led course introduces participants to the big data capabilities of Google Cloud Platform. Through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, participants get an overview of the Google Cloud platform and a detailed view of the data processing and machine learning capabilities. This course showcases the ease, flexibility, and power of big data solutions on Google Cloud Platform.
- Data analysts, Data scientists, Business analysts getting started with Google Cloud Platform.
- Individuals responsible for designing pipelines and architectures for data processing, creating and maintaining machine learning and statistical models, querying datasets, visualizing query results and creating reports.
- Executives and IT decision makers evaluating Google Cloud Platform for use by data scientists.
To get the most of out of this course, participants should have:
- Basic proficiency with common query language such as SQL.
- Experience with data modeling, extract, transform, load activities.
- Developing applications using a common programming language such Python.
- Familiarity with machine learning and/or statistics.
- Identify the purpose and value of the key Big Data and Machine Learning products in the Google Cloud Platform.
- Use Cloud SQL and Cloud Dataproc to migrate existing MySQL and Hadoop/Pig/Spark/Hive workloads to Google Cloud Platform.
- Employ BigQuery and Cloud Datalab to carry out interactive data analysis.
- Train and use a neural network using TensorFlow.
- Employ ML APIs.
- Choose between different data processing products on the Google Cloud Platform.
- Facility Logistics
1 Introduction to Google Cloud Platform
- Google Cloud Platform infrastructure and big data products
- Demo: BigQuery Github query
- The different data roles in an organization
- What you can do with GCP
- Activity: Explore a customer use case
- Lab 1: Exploring a Public Dataset with BigQuery
2 Product Recommendations using Cloud SQL and Spark
- Compare Google Cloud Big Data products and services
- Managed Hadoop in the cloud
- Demo: Creating a Cluster
- Your SQL database in the cloud
- Lab 2: Product Recommendation using Cloud SQL and Spark
3 Predicting Visitor Purchases using BigQuery Machine Learning
- Introduction to BigQuery
- Fast SQL Query Engine
- Managed Storage for Datasets
- Demo: Google Sheets to BQ
- Insights from Geographic data
- Demo: BigQuery ML
- Creating ML models with SQL w/BigQuery ML
- Lab 3: Predicting Visitor Purchases BigQuery ML
4 Real-time Dashboards with Pub/Sub, Dataflow, and Data Studio
- Message-oriented architectures
- Serverless data pipelines
- Data Visualization w/Data Studio
- Lab 4: Real-time Dashboards with Pub/Sub, Dataflow, and Data Studio
5 Deriving Insights from Unstructured Data using Machine Learning
- Introduction to Machine Learning
- Pre-built ML models
- Demo: Cloud Vision API
- Codeless ML with AutoML
- Lab 5: Classify Images using AutoML
- Recap of lesson
GCP learning paths
Want to boost your career in Google Cloud Platform? Click on the roles below to see QA‘s learning pathways, specially designed to give you the skills to succeed.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.