Please note: for Attend from Anywhere customers an additional screen is required for this course to work through remote desktop labs and view training information.
In this hands-on instructor led course, you will learn about the Google Sheets app to an intermediate level.
Following the course, delegates will be confident in analysing their data in Google Sheets using various formulas, functions and database analysis tools.
- This course is aimed at end users who have taken the following course or have equivalent knowledge: Google Sheets Essentials
- This course is suitable for users of G-Suite tools by Google. If you're attending at a QA location, the course will be delivered on Google Chrome.
- Use a mouse
- Type and use a keyboard
- Experience in web browsing
- Work with windows - minimise, maximise, open and close
- Have attended the Google Sheets Introduction course (QAGSINT) or have equivalent knowledge
- Basic knowledge of Google drive and Google apps or equivalent knowledge is necessary
- Have attended the G-Suite for Business course or have equivalent knowledge
Dual monitor setup is required for when attending this course via the QA Attend from Anywhere delivery method.
- Use named ranges to streamline their spreadsheets
- Understand and use some date and time functions
- Use text functions to clean up a spreadsheet
- Use the Logical IF function
- Utilise the VLOOKUP function to compare data
- Use filtering options to analyse lists
- Work with Charts to present data visually
- Analyse large amounts of data using Pivot Tables
Module 1: Working with Advanced Functions
- Working with Range Names
- Mixed References
- Using Specialised Functions
Module 2: Database Management
- Filter Views
- Grouping Rows and Columns
- Database Functions
Module 3: Working with Charts
- Creating Charts
- Editing and Formatting
- Exploring Chart Types
Module 4: Working with Pivot Tables
- Why Use a Pivot Table?
- How to Create a Pivot Table
- Adding a Date Field
- Filter and Drill
- Adding a Calculated Field
Module 5: Templates
- Working with Google Templates
- Creating a Hyperlink
- Notes and Comments