An introduction to R; a mathematical and statistical modelling language used extensively in data analysis and Big Data.
This 3-day course is designed for anyone planning to work with larger Big Data solutions or Machine Learning, or for those studying a vendor specific path, such as Microsoft SQL Server.
By attending this course you will learn how to write programmes using R to create effective statistical outputs and to visualize data using R’s library.
Aimed at all who wish to learn the R programming language.
- No prior knowledge of R is assumed
- Delegates should already be familiar with basic programming concepts such as variables, scope and functions
- Experience of another scripting language such as Python or Perl would be an advantage
At the end of this course attendees will know:
- Fundamentals of R programming language
- R data types, containers, arrays, flow control and functions
- R text manipulation
- R visualisation packages
- How to perform data exploration and analysis with R
At the end of this course attendees will be able to:
- Write R programs for manipulating and analysing data
- Plot graphs from data sets
- R: Intro
- R: Data
- R: Containers
- R: Higher Dimensions
- R: Flow
- R: Functions
- R: Text
- R: Plotting
- Data Science and Exploration in R