Effective facilitation is key in helping others maximise their contribution in team or group situations. Stimulating group dynamics can deliver highly effective results.
This course is suitable for managers and professionals from all sectors who facilitate groups or teams and who are looking to develop their skills and techniques in this area.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- define what facilitate and facilitation mean
- identify the role, responsibilities, skills and qualities of an effective facilitator
- plan a facilitation session
- select appropriate facilitation methods and tools
- understand the importance of control and command and when to intervene and when not to
- develop interpersonal skills to maximise effect
- create a toolbox of techniques
- recognise and deal with conflict and differences within a group.
- The role of a skilled facilitator.
- The behavioural skills of a facilitator.
- Facilitation methods and tools.
- Structuring facilitative interaction.
- Planning the facilitation session - the dimensions.
- Interventions and levels of intervention.
- Questioning techniques and listening skills.
- Levels of communication.
- The importance of the facilitator's behaviour.
- Tools for effective group problem solving.
- Affecting decision making.
- Healthy and unhealthy conflict.
- The opportunity to practise facilitation skills.