This five day exam focused course provides learners everything they need to successfully pass the AWS Associate Architect exam. You will cover the full syllabus of the 'Architecting on AWS' three day course where you will learn the fundamentals of building IT infrastructure on the AWS platform. Students will learn how to optimize the AWS Cloud by understanding how AWS services fit into cloud-based solutions. In addition, students explore AWS Cloud best practices and design patterns for architecting optimal IT solutions on AWS, and build a variety of infrastructures in guided, hands-on activities. The course also covers how to create fledgling architectures and build them into robust and adaptive solutions.
To suppliment the standard 'Architecting on AWS' syllabus you will participate in multiple exam practice quizes during days one to three of the course. Day's four and five are then given over entirely to a focused exam preperation workshop. Here you will enjoy further practice assessments guided by your SME AWS Authorised Instructor (AAI). You will review what to expect at the testing center and while taking the exam. We will walk you through how the exam is structured, including question formats, content domains, and the breakdown of questions across those domains. We also teach you how to interpret the concepts being tested by a question so that you can better eliminate incorrect responses.
- The 'AWS Cloud Practitioner Essentials' one day course plus ideally 12 months practical experience working with AWS services
- Working knowledge of distributed systems
- Familiarity with general networking concepts
- Working knowledge of multi-tier architectures
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts
- Make architectural decisions based on AWS architectural principles and best practices
- Leverage AWS services to make your infrastructure scalable, reliable, and highly available
- Leverage AWS Managed Services to enable greater flexibility and resiliency in an infrastructure
- Make an AWS-based infrastructure more efficient to increase performance and reduce costs
- Use the Well-Architected Framework to improve architectures with AWS solutions
- Fully prepare for the AWS Architecting Associate exam'
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: Architecting on AWS - Welcome
- Module 3: Architecting on AWS - Global Infrastructure
- Module 4: Quiz
- Module 5: Architecting on AWS - S3
- Module 6: Quiz
- Module 7: Architecting on AWS - Adding a Computer Layer
- Module 8: Quiz
- Module 9: Architecting on AWS - Database
- Module 10: Quiz
- Module 11: Architecting on AWS - Networking On AWS Part1
- Module 12: Quiz
- Module 13: Architecting on AWS - Networking On AWS Part2
- Module 14: Quiz
- Module 15: Architecting on AWS - IAM
- Module 16: Quiz
- Module 17: Architecting on AWS - Elasticity, HighAvailability And Monitoring
- Module 18: Quiz
- Module 19: Architecting on AWS - Automation
- Module 20: Quiz
- Module 21: Architecting on AWS - Caching
- Module 22: Quiz
- Module 23: Architecting on AWS - Decoupled Architectures
- Module 24: Quiz
- Module 25: Architecting on AWS - Microservices and Serverless
- Module 26: Quiz
- Module 27: Architecting on AWS - RTO and RPO
- Module 28: Architecting on AWS - Optimization and Review
- Module 29: ExamPrep - The Exam
- Module 30: ExamPrep - Resilient Architectures
- Module 31: ExamPrep - Performant Architectures
- Module 32: ExamPrep - SpecifySecureApplicationsS
- Module 33: ExamPrep - Cost Optimized Architectures
- Module 34: Architecting on AWS - Supplemental Kinesis and Streaming
- Module 35: Architecting on AWS - Supplemental Redshift Content
- Module 36: Architecting on AWS - Supplemental Security and KMS
- Module 37: Architecting on AWS - Architecting on AWS_Appendix
- Module 38: Qualtrics Quiz1
- Module 38: Qualtrics Quiz2
- Module 38: Architecting on AWS - WrapUp
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.