The course, Engineering Cisco Meraki Solutions Part 2 (ECMS2) v2.1 elevates your knowledge of Cisco® Meraki™ technology suite. In this advanced technical training course, you’ll learn how to plan for network deployments and integrations using the Cisco Meraki platform. Through practical hands-on instruction and experiences, you will learn how to operate Meraki networks and troubleshoot complex network incidents using the Meraki Dashboard and analytics. You will also learn how to design Meraki architectures for redundancy, high-density, and scalability by implementing comprehensive Meraki product features to meet design objectives. This course is the second of two courses that prepares you for Cisco Meraki certification.
How you'll benefit
This course will help you:
- Acquire the advanced skills and techniques to plan, design, implement, and operate the complex Cisco Meraki platform for cloud-based network management.
- Prepare you for the upcoming Meraki certification(s)
Before enrolling in the ECMS2 course, it is highly recommended that you have already attended and completed the ECMS1 course before attending this training. You should also have general networking understanding, Meraki-specific proficiency, and knowledge in the following areas:
- Be actively engaged in the design, deployment, scaling, and management of enterprise networks
- Strong fundamental knowledge of IP addressing and subnetting schemas necessary to build local area networks
- Strong fundamental knowledge of dynamic routing protocols (focus/emphasis on Open Shortest Path First [OSPF] and Border Gateway Protocol [BGP])
- A foundational understanding of wired and wireless Quality of Service (QoS) mechanisms, packet queue operations, and practical implementations
- Be experienced with the design and configuration of IPsec and associated Virtual Private Network (VPN) technologies
- A foundational understanding of network security controls/protocols, network management best practices, and data security
- A foundational understanding of best practice Radio Frequency (RF) design principles and practical implementations
- A foundational knowledge of wireless security best practices centered around access control (802.1x) and spectrum security through Wireless Intrusion Detection Systems (WIDS) and Wireless Intrusion Prevention Systems (WIPS)
- A foundational command of standard logging/monitoring protocols (focus/emphasis on Simple Network Management Protocol [SNMP], syslog, and webhooks) and related implementation components or tools
- Be able to describe the security, reliability, and scalability of the Cisco Meraki dashboard cloud architecture and its out-of-band control plane
- Fundamental understanding of Dashboard’s organizational structure, delineation of privileges, and overarching administrative processes
- Be able to outline the key components of Meraki licensing (co-termination model and expiration grace period)
- Have the knowledge and ability to deploy advanced security features on MX security appliances (intrusion detection/prevention, Advanced Malware Protection [AMP], Layer 3 & 7 firewall rules)
- Fundamental understanding of Auto VPN and its purpose when utilized in a Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) deployment
- Be able to describe the concepts behind a cloud-based WLAN solution and the features that can be delivered including Layer 7 traffic shaping and various guest access authentication methods
- Fundamental understanding of device profile containerization and remote management capabilities as managed through the Systems Manager platform
- Fundamental understanding of the edge architecture as implemented by Meraki MV security cameras and its implications on video retention through various configurable options
The following are the recommended Cisco offerings that may help you meet these prerequisites:
Delegates will learn how to
After completing the course, you should be able to:
- Plan new Cisco Meraki architectures and expand existing deployments
- Design the network for scalable management and high availability
- Describe how to automate and scale Meraki deployments with dashboard tools
- Use dynamic routing protocols to expand networks and improve WAN performance
- Describe proper QoS, policy and performance-based routing configurations across a Cisco Meraki network and WAN optimization through traffic shaping
- Describe Virtual Private Network (VPN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) topologies and how to integrate them
- Secure, expand, and shape the network
- Implement switched network concepts and practices, and configure guests networks
- Implement wireless configurations concepts and practices
- Describe endpoint management concepts and practices using Cisco Meraki Systems Manager
- Describe physical security concepts and practices
- Gain network insight by monitoring applications
- Describe how to prepare monitoring, logging, and alerting services
- Set up reporting and auditing capabilities in the Cisco Meraki dashboard
- Monitor and troubleshoot issues using Cisco Meraki tools
- Planning new Cisco Meraki architectures and expanding existing deployments
- Designing for scalable management and high availability
- Automating and scaling Meraki deployments
- Designing routing and practices on the Meraki platform
- Describing Quality of Service (QoS) and traffic shaping design
- Building VPN and WAN topologies
- Securing, expanding, and shaping the network
- Describing network concepts and practices
- Implementing wireless configuration practices and concepts
- Describing Endpoint management concepts and practices
- Describing physical security concepts and practices
- Gaining network insight through monitoring applications
- Preparing monitoring, logging, and alerting services
- Setting up reporting and auditing capabilities in the Cisco Meraki Dashboard
- Gaining visibility and resolving issues using Meraki features and built-in troubleshooting tools
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.