The course, Engineering Cisco Meraki Solutions Part 2 (ECMS2) v1.0 elevates your knowledge of Cisco® Meraki™ technology. In this advanced technical training course, you’ll learn how to plan for network deployments and integrations using the Cisco Meraki platform. Through practical hands-on instruction and experiences, you will learn how to operate Meraki networks and troubleshoot complex network incidents using the Meraki Dashboard and analytics. You will also learn how to design Meraki architectures for redundancy, high-density, and scalability by implementing comprehensive Meraki product features to meet design objectives. This course is the second of two courses that prepares you for Cisco Meraki certification.
Before enrolling in the ECMS2 course, it is highly recommended that you have already attended and completed the 'Engineering Cisco Meraki Solutions Part 1 (ECMS1)' course before attending this training.
You should also have general networking understanding, Meraki-specific proficiency, and knowledge in the following areas:
- Be actively engaged in the design, deployment, scaling, and management of enterprise networks
- Strong fundamental knowledge of IP addressing and subnetting schemas necessary to build local area networks
- Strong fundamental knowledge of dynamic routing protocols (focus/emphasis on Open Shortest Path First [OSPF] and Border Gateway Protocol [BGP])
- A foundational understanding of wired and wireless Quality of Service (QoS) mechanisms, packet queue operations, and practical implementations
- Be experienced with the design and configuration of IPsec and associated Virtual Private Network (VPN) technologies
- A foundational understanding of network security controls/protocols, network management best practices, and data security
- A foundational understanding of best practice Radiofrequency (RF) design principles and practical implementations
- A foundational knowledge of wireless security best practices centered around access control (802.1x) and spectrum security through Wireless Intrusion Detection Systems (WIDS) and Wireless Intrusion Prevention Systems (WIPS)
- A foundational command of standard logging/monitoring protocols (focus/emphasis on Simple Network Management Protocol [SNMP], syslog, and webhooks) and related implementation components or tools
- Fundamental understanding of Dashboard’s organizational structure, delineation of privileges, and overarching administrative processes
- Be able to outline the key components of Meraki licensing (co-termination model and expiration grace period)
- Have the knowledge and ability to deploy advanced security features on MX security appliances (intrusion detection/prevention, Advanced Malware Protection [AMP], Layer 3 & 7 firewall rules)
- Fundamental understanding of Auto VPN and its purpose when utilized in a Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) deployment
- Be able to describe the concepts behind a cloud-based WLAN solution and the features that can be delivered including Layer 7 traffic shaping and various guest access authentication methods
- Fundamental understanding of device profile containerization and remote management capabilities as managed through the Systems Manager platform
- Fundamental understanding of the edge architecture as implemented by Meraki MV security cameras and its implications on video retention through various configurable options
Delegates will learn how to
After completing the course, you should be able to:
- Plan for network deployments and integrations using the Meraki platform
- Design Meraki architectures for redundancy, high-density, and scalability
- Implement comprehensive Meraki product features to meet design objectives
- Operate Meraki networks and troubleshoot complex network incidents using the Meraki Dashboard and analytics
This course will help you:
- Acquire the advanced skills and techniques to plan, design, implement, and operate the complex Cisco Meraki platform for cloud-based network management.
- Prepare you to take the upcoming Meraki certification(s)
- Planning new Meraki architectures and expanding existing deployments
- Designing for scalable management and high availability
- Automating and scaling Meraki deployments
- Routing design and practices on the Meraki platform
- Implementing Quality of Service (QoS) and traffic shaping design
- Architecting VPN and WAN topologies
- Securing, expanding, and shaping the network
- Switched network concepts and practices
- Understand wireless configuration practices and concepts
- Understand Endpoint management concepts and practices
- Implement physical security concepts and practices
- Gaining additional network insight through application monitoring
- Preparing monitoring, logging, and alerting services
- Setting up Dashboard reporting and auditing capabilities
- Gaining visibility and resolving issues using Meraki features and built-in troubleshooting tools
- Creating and Applying Tags
- Configuring Link Aggregation
- Setting Up Port Mirroring
- Establishing Auto VPN
- Configuring Virtual Interfaces and Routing
- Configuring Routes and Redistribution
- Configuring Quality of Service
- Configuring Traffic Shaping
- Configuring Load Balancing
- Defining Firewall Rules
- Enabling Advanced Malware Protection
- Enabling Intrusion Detection and Protection
- Enabling Content Filtering
- Configuring and Applying Access Policies
- Configuring Wireless Guest Access
- Configuring Service Set Identifiers (SSIDs)
- Implementing RF Profiles
- Implementing Air Marshal
- Creating System Manager (SM) Configuration Profiles
- Defining Security Policies
- Enforcing End-to-End Security
- Setting Up Motion Alerts
- Managing Video Retention
- Deploying Wireless Cameras
- Enabling Alerts
- Adding Monitoring and Reporting
- Generating Summary Reports
- Managing Firmware
- Peripheral Component Interconnect (PCI) Reporting
- Troubleshooting an Offline Device
- Troubleshooting Content Filtering
- Troubleshooting Remote Site Connectivity
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.