About this programme
Our Digital Applications Support Modern Apprenticeship develops your apprentice’s ability to competently and confidently use digital applications in the workplace.
It gives learners the skills and reassurance they need to understand and use a wide range of digital applications relevant to their job role. Regardless of vendors used within your business, whether it’s office tools, finance systems, web systems or any other bespoke or off-the-shelf digital application.
The diploma in Digital Applications Support contains seven mandatory units and further optional units.
On successful completion of the Modern Apprenticeship programme the following qualifications are achieved:
- SQA Diploma in Digital Applications Support at SCQF Level 6
- SQA Level 6 PC Passport
Whats provided in the learning?
We empower learners work with digital applications and learn some of the fundamental principles around them, including information management, gaining skills including:
- PC Passport
- Office Systems User
- Creative Busines Skills
- Web Fundamentals
- Networking and Applications support
- Graphic design and creation technologies
- Website front-end management and content creation
Leading to empowering roles like:
- Office Support
- IT Applications Support
- Website Development and Publishing
- Technical Systems Support
During our programme, learners will complete:
- Between two and four classroom training weeks introducing digital theory and fundamentals, through practical classroom workshops.
- Certain diploma units embedded or part embedded into classroom based assignments to cover knowledge units and outcomes
- Competency units completed in the workplace to demonstrate evidence of performance skills, occupational competencies and good practice.
Mandatory units covered are:
- Developing Personal and Team Effectiveness Using IT
- Health and Safety in IT and Telecoms
- Understanding the Potential of IT
- Digital Information Management
- Digital Communications
- Digital Network Environments
- Optimise IT System Performance
Optional Units to choose from:
- Networking and Applications Support
- Graphic Design and Creation Technologies
- Web Fundamentals
- Email and Social Media Marketing
- Creative Content Skills
- PC Passport
- Creative Business Skills
- Website Front end Management and Content Creation Technologies
For more information download the handout (link in right-hand side panel above).
NOTE: this programme is only available in Scotland.
To contact us for more information fill in the form below.
Our Scottish apprenticeship programmes
Our programmes (Scotland)
Frequently asked questions
How do apprenticeships work?
Through a combination of virtual, tutor-led blended learning and workplace assignments supported by our assessor team, you’ll be learning in lots of different ways while continuing to carry out your day-to-day job role for your employer.
Who can do an apprenticeship?
Anyone aged 16 and over, regardless of background, school achievement or specific learning needs, can apply to be an apprentice in Scotland.
Who will support me on my apprenticeship?
You'll have a whole team behind you. We'll help you get the most out of your apprenticeship.
- Workplace support assessors
- Online tutors
- Your line manager
What will happen after I apply?
We’ll get in touch if it looks like you’re a match for the apprenticeship job. First, we’ll call to get to know you better. Tell us what you’re about, what your goals are. We’ll also get your details.
You’ll get a link to upload some important documents – to check you can do the apprenticeship you’ve applied for (proof of right to work in the UK, etc.) Don’t worry, it won’t take long.
When we have these, we’ll call on WhatsApp to check your ID.
Next, you’ll get a link to complete your profile. This bit is important – your profile is your opportunity to tell potential employers a bit about you. Your skills. Your passion. Why you want this apprenticeship.
We’ll keep in touch about the apprenticeship job you applied for. If any others come up that we think you’d like, we’ll let you know. If you’re keen, we’ll help you prep and we’ll set up that interview.
If all goes well… you’ll get the job. Then you just need to start planning for your first day. Hey presto.
If you’re applying for a job with one of our larger employers, you might be invited to an assessment day – or they might have other special steps to take. Don’t worry, we’ll give you all the details.