This course is also available as self-paced virtual (e-learning) course Developing Workflow Solutions using IBM Business Automation Workflow V22.214.171.124
(ZB828G). This option does not require any travel.
This course integrates training in business process management (BPM) methods and implementation with IBM Business Automation Workflow V19. You learn core process modeling and implementation skills, the project development approach, process model implementation fundamentals, and delivery patterns. These skills improve the speed and quality of process definition and implementation efforts.
IBM Business Automation Workflow is a comprehensive environment that provides the visibility and insight that is required to effectively manage the business processes of an organization. The course begins with an overview of the product and then covers business process management, emphasizing the concepts of reuse, ease of maintenance, and high-quality development strategies. You create a structured process using IBM Process Designer from business requirements that are identified during process analysis. You learn how to make team collaboration more efficient by using standard Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) elements.
The course provides an overview of the architecture of IBM Business Automation Workflow and describes the use of process applications and toolkits within the tool. You create business objects and variables, implement gateways, and demonstrate process flow on your diagrams. You build customized user interfaces (coaches) to enable business and process data flows throughout the process model.
The course uses an interactive learning environment, with class review questions to reinforce concepts and check understanding. Lab exercises throughout the course provide hands-on experience with IBM tools. This course is intended to be collaborative, and you can work in teams to complete class activities.
Before taking this course, you should have:
- Practical knowledge of data structures
- Basic understanding of web services
- Experience with modern programming techniques
- Understand the key capabilities of Business Automation Workflow
- Describe how to use IBM Business Automation Workflow to accomplish process modeling goals
- Describe the purpose of the Process Portal, Process Designer, and Workflow Center repository
- Describe the high-level architecture for Business Automation Workflow
- List and describe the core notation elements that are used in the IBM Process Designer
- Describe the purpose and function of Blueworks Live
- Explain the benefits of using IBM Business Automation Workflow on Cloud
- Define Business Process Management (BPM)
- Understand the process spectrum
- List and describe the phases in the IBM Playback methodology
- Describe Playback 0 and the achievements that are reached during this stage
- Examine a defined workflow from detailed process requirements and identify the interrelated process activities
- Describe how to model a structured process
- Decompose activities into a nested process
- Describe process sequence flow and the runtime use of process tokens
- Explain how to evaluate and model conditions for a gateway
- List and describe intermediate event types that are used in the IBM Process Designer
- Model a business process escalation path with an attached timer intermediate event
- Describe the differences between process flow data and business flow data
- Add variables and business objects to a process
- Describe teams and process lanes
- Explain user distribution in a process application
- Implement routing for tasks
- Create a routing design by using a team filter service
- Assign an expert group to an activity
- Expose a process application to a team
- Use coaches to define and implement guided user interactions
- Implement a service for an activity in a process
- Enhance coaches by applying a theme and adding tabs
- Create a reusable view
- Create a snapshot
- Share your assets by using a toolkit, and exporting your process application
- Organize assets with favorites, tagging, and smart folders
- Conduct a Playback session
- Explain how to create a decision service
- Describe how to create and configure an undercover agent (UCA)
- Describe how to start a process with a message start event
- Define the basic function of an integration service
- Configure and define integration services for outbound integration
- Create an inbound web service integration
- Describe the differences between an environment variable and an exposed process variable
- Catch an error in a process and service
- Explain when to use Team Filter services to support business policy
- Use parallel tasks and messaging in a BPMN model
- Use Multi-instance loops to efficiently rout work
- Explain how integrate with external systems in IBM Business Automation Workflow
- Explain how to handle content events in a process
- Understand how the Case Manager target object store (TOS) can be used to share documents between a structured process and a Case solution
- Understand how to integrate a structured process into a Case solution
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.