Before taking this course, you should have the following knowledge and skills:
- General software development or coding skills
- Basic functional and object-oriented programming skills
- Basic understanding of where applications live and how they are deployed in real-world scenarios
- Basic understand of how networking works
- Basic Linux OS skills: installing code language dependencies, installing code libraries, and general scripting
- Understanding of how to store code using git or another version-control system (VCS)
Delegates will learn how to
The Developing Solutions Using Cisco IoT and Edge Platforms (DEVIOT) v1.0 course prepares you to develop Internet of Things (IoT) applications for Cisco® IoT edge compute and network architecture. Through a combination of lessons and hands-on experience, you will learn to implement and deploy Cisco IOx applications using Cisco Field Network Director and Cisco Kinetic. This course covers designing, deploying, and troubleshooting edge applications, and understanding the use of management tools, so you can control your industrial network and connected devices at scale. This course will prepare you for the 300-915 Developing Solutions Using Cisco IoT and Edge Platforms (DEVIOT) exam.
This course will help you:
- Use network programmability and automation to streamline applications to reduce data size and complexity and strengthen security protocols.
- Gain hands-on experience in maximizing MQ Telemetry Transport (MQTT) protocol for lower power usage, faster data transmission, and more agility in device usage.
- Prepare for the 300-915 DEVIOT exam
What to expect in the exam
The 300-915 DEVIOT exam certifies your knowledge and skills related to IoT application development as it pertains to Cisco IoT edge compute and network architecture, including Cisco IOx and Cisco Edge and Fog Processing Module (EFM), IoT Data Visualization, and security methods.
After you pass 300-915 DEVIOT, you earn the Cisco Certified DevNet Specialist - IoT certification, and you satisfy the concentration exam requirement for the Cisco Certified DevNet Professional certification.
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the fundamentals of Cisco IoT and list common devices involved
- List the common protocols, standards, and data flows of IoT
- Explain the Cisco IoT, common needs, and the corresponding solutions
- Explain how programmability can be used to automate and make operations, deployment, and support of Cisco IoT more effective
- Describe common Cisco IoT applications and how they apply to Cisco IoT use cases
- Explain the functions and use cases for Cisco security applications and Cisco IoT
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.