In this course, you will learn basic aspects of High Availability as a Recovery Point Objective, Recovery
Time Objective, measuring HA in percentage of time etc. Then you will get a brief overview of HA features introduced in Windows Server 2012 R2/2016, which are relevant for SQL Server solutions -
domain/domainless WFCS, cluster shared volumes, scale-out file services, storage spaces, storage replica, Hyper-V, etc. From the SQL Server perspective, the course will focus on the most popular HA/DR features - Failover Clustering and Availability Groups.
In the Failover Clustering part, you will learn details on how to design highly available SQL Server solution from the perspective of storage; Quorum and Failover Cluster Instance. From a practical point of view, you will learn how to maintain and troubleshoot an FCI solution.
In the Availability Group part, you will learn details on how to design AG solution with custom
requirements; quorum configurations and AG configuration (sync/async, read only routing, read only load balancing, direct seeding, hybrid AG, etc.). Similar to Failover Cluster Instances, in the practical part you will learn how to monitor an AG solution In addition, along the course you will also learn on interoperatibility of another SQL Server technologies with SQL Server HA - Integration Services, Analysis Services and Reporting Services.
Delegates will learn how to
- Build a reliable High Availability solution with Windows Server 2012 R2/2016 and SQL Server 2014/2016/2017
- Build Disaster Recovery Solutions.
- Manage a High Availability solution with Windows Server 2012 R2/2016 and SQL Server 2014/2016/2017.
- Troubleshoot problems with High Availability in SQL Server 2017, 2016 and 2014.
Module 1: Introduction to High Availability
- Basic aspects of High Availability
Module 2: Windows Server 2016 High Availability Features Overview
- Overview of HA features in Windows Server 2016
Module 3: SQL Server 2017 High Availability Features Overview
- Failover Cluster Instances
- Availability Group
- Log Shipping
Module 4: Windows Server 2017 Failover Clustering
- Storage configuration
- Quorum configuration
- Adding/Removing nodes to/from cluster
Module 5: SQL Server 2017 Failover Clustering Instance
- SQL Server FCI configuration
- MS DTC
- Adding/Removing SQL Server to/from cluster
Module 6: SQL Server 2017 Availability Groups
- SQL Server AG configuration
- Read Only Routing and Load Balancing
- Direct seeding
- Distributed AG
- Adding/Removing files to/from database in AG
- Adding/Removing database to/from AG
Module 7: SQL Server Interoperability
- Interoperability with Integration Services, Analysis Services, Reporting Service