- Successful Azure Network Engineers start this role with experience in enterprise networking, on-premises or cloud infrastructure and network security.
- Understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies, including: VMs, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks.
- Understanding of network configurations, including TCP/IP, Domain Name System (DNS), virtual private networks (VPNs), firewalls, and encryption technologies.
- Understanding of software defined networking.
- Understanding hybrid network connectivity methods, such as VPN.
- Understanding resilience and disaster recovery, including high availability and restore operations.
- Azure Virtual Networks
- Public IP services
- public and private DNS
- cross-VNet connectivity
- Virtual Network Routing
- Azure virtual Network NAT
- Lab : Design and implement a Virtual Network in Azure
- Lab : Configure DNS settings in Azure
- Lab : Connect Virtual Networks with Peering
- Implement virtual networks
- Configure public IP services
- Configure private and public DNS zones
- Design and implement cross-VNET connectivity
- Implement virtual network routing
- Design and implement an Azure Virtual Network NAT
- Site-to-site VPN connection
- Point-to-Site VP connections
- Azure Virtual WAN
- Lab : Create and configure a local gateway
- Create and configure a virtual network gateway
- Create a Virtual WAN by using Azure Portal
- Design and implement a site-to-site VPN connection
- Design and implement a point-to-site VPN connection
- Design and implement authentication
- Design and implement Azure Virtual WAN Resources
- ExpressRoute Direct
- ExpressRoute FastPath
- ExpressRoute Peering
- Lab : Create and configure ExpressRoute
- Design and implement Expressroute
- Design and implement Expressroute Direct
- Design and implement Expressroute FastPath
- Content Delivery and Load Blancing
- Azure Load balancer
- Azure Traffic Manager
- Azure Monitor
- Network Watcher
- Lab : Create and configure a public load balancer to load balance VMs using the Azure portal
- Lab : Create a Traffic Manager Profile using the Azure portal
- Lab : Create, view, and manage metric alerts in Azure Monitor
- Design and implement Azure Laod Balancers
- Design and implement Azure Traffic Manager
- Monitor Networks with Azure Monitor
- Use Network Watcher
- Azure Application Gateway
- Azure Front Door
- Lab : Create a Front Door for a highly available web application using the Azure portal
- Lab : Create and Configure an Application Gateway
- Design and implement Azure Application Gateway
- Implement Azure Front Door
- Azure DDoS Protection
- Azure Firewall
- Network Security Groups
- Web Application Firewall on Azure Front Door
- Lab : Create a Virtual Network with DDoS protection plan
- Lab : Deploy and Configure Azure Firewall
- Lab : Create a Web Application Firewall policy on Azure Front Door
- Configure and monitor an Azure DDoS protection plan
- Implement and manage Azure Firewall
- Implement network security groups
- Implement a web application firewall (WAF) on Azure Front Door
- Define Azure Private Link and private endpoints
- Design and Configure Private Endpoints
- Integrate a Private Link with DNS and on-premises clients
- Create, configure, and provide access to Service Endpoints
- Configure VNET integration for App Service
- Lab : restrict network access to PaaS resources with virtual network service endpoints
- Lab : create an Azure private endpoint
- Define the difference between Private Link Service and private endpoints
- Design and configure private endpoints
- Explain virtual network service endpoints
- Design and configure access to service endpoints
- Integrate Private Link with DNS
- Integrate your App Service with Azure virtual networks
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.