Preparation for exam: DP-500
Accessing your courseware and registering attendance with Microsoft
- A foundational knowledge of core data concepts and how they’re implemented using Azure data services. For more information see Azure Data Fundamentals.
- Experience designing and building scalable data models, cleaning and transforming data, and enabling advanced analytic capabilities that provide meaningful business value using Microsoft Power BI. For more information see Power BI Data Analyst.
Delegates will learn how to
- Skills gained
- Implement and manage a data analytics environment
- Query and transform data
- Implement and manage data models
- Explore and visualize data
- Explore Azure data services for modern analytics
- Understand concepts of data analytics
- Explore data analytics at scale
- Introduction to Microsoft Purview
- Discover trusted data using Microsoft Purview
- Catalog data artifacts by using Microsoft Purview
- Manage Power BI artifacts by using Microsoft Purview
- Introduction to Azure Synapse Analytics
- Implement star schema design and query relational data in Azure
- Analyze data with a serverless SQL pool in Azure Synapse Analytics
- Optimize data warehouse query design
- Analyze data with a Spark Pool in Azure Synapse Analytics
- Lab : Query data in Azure
- Lab : Explore data in Spark notebooks
- Lab : Create a star schema model
- Choose a Power BI model framework
- Understand scalability in Power BI
- Optimize Power Query for scalable solutions
- Create and manage scalable Power BI dataflows
- Lab : Create a dataflow
- Create Power BI model relationships
- Enforce model security
- Implement DirectQuery
- Create calculation groups
- Lab : Create model relationships
- Lab : Enforce model security
- Lab : Design and build tabular models
- Lab : Create calculation groups
- Optimize performance using Synapse and Power BI
- Improve query performance with hybrid tables, dual storage mode, and aggregations
- Use tools to optimize Power BI performance
- Lab : Use tools to optimize Power BI performance
- Lab : Improve query performance using aggregations
- Lab : Improve query performance with dual storage mode
- Lab : Improve performance with hybrid tables
- Understand advanced data visualization concepts
- Customize core data models
- Monitor data in real-time with Power BI
- Create and distribute paginated reports in Power BI report builder
- Lab : Monitor data in real-time with Power BI
- Lab : Create and distribute paginated reports in Power BI Report Builder
- Recommend Power BI administration settings
- Recommend a monitoring and auditing solution for a data analytics environment
- Configure and manage Power BI capacity
- Establish a data access infrastructure in Power BI
- Recommend a deployment strategy for Power BI assets
- Recommend a source control strategy for Power BI assets
- Perform impact analysis of downstream dependencies from dataflows and datasets
- Recommend automation solutions for the analytics development lifecycle, including Power BI REST API
- Deploy and manage datasets by using the XMLA endpoint
- Deploy reusable assets
- Lab : Create reusable Power BI assets
- Recommend and configure a Power BI tenant or workspace
- Identify requirements for a solution, including features, performance, and licensing strategy
- Integrate an existing Power BI workspace into Azure Synapse Analytics
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.