This 5-day instructor-led, hands-on course combines Deploying Basic Cisco Wireless LANs (WDBWL) and Deploying Advanced Cisco Wireless LANs (WDAWL), presenting you with challenging real-world deployments such as client mobility between subnets, high client density deployments, and mesh network deployments.
You will be trained on how to make network design decisions about, configure, and troubleshoot WLANs with these challenges. The format of the course allows you and the instructor to explore realistic use cases and best practices around more challenging deployment scenarios. The course is written at software code level 7.5.
This course is intended for you if you are an IT engineer or administrator that needs to know the fundamentals about planning, installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining a basic Cisco Wireless LAN infrastructure. This includes installers, SEs, Field Engineers, technical support professionals, network managers, security team members, and administrators.
- Prior completion of Defining Cisco Wireless LAN Essentials course or equivalent work experience
- Basic networking skills
- RF/Wireless field experience (helpful)
Delegates will learn how to
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Successfully plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, monitor and maintain basic Cisco Wireless LAN solutions in a customer enterprise environment Configure autonomous, unified, and FlexConnect architectures
- Configure all base feature sets, including wireless security
- Administer the WLAN network
- Maintain and troubleshoot basic wireless networks
- Describe the steps involved in client mobility at layer 2 and the differences involved in client mobility at layer 3.
- Discuss the challenges faced in providing a quality user experience in a high density wireless network deployment scenario.
- Differentiate the operational characteristics of, and implement, a wireless MESH architecture.
Module 1 - Cisco Wireless LAN Essentials Refresher
- Provide a very high level review as a refresh from the prerequisite course, Defining Cisco Wireless LAN Essentials
- Successful Wireless Deployments and Pre-deployment Planning
- Cisco WLAN Professional Services
- Spectrum Expert
- PI Planning tools
- Easy Setup GUI Interface
- Basic Setup via CLI
- Access Point Modes
- Bridge Modes
- Non-Client serving Modes
- Initial controller Setup, and configure basic settings
- Modes of operation available for a unified access point
- Mechanisms by which an AP associates to a WLC
- User Interfaces to the System
- Radio Resource Management and CleanAir
- Administering WLANs and AP Groups
- Configuring Quality of Service
- IPv6 Support
- Identify and Configure the Wireless LAN
- Security Parameters
- General Administration
- Guest Access
- Benefits and Limitations of FlexConnect Architecture
- Operational Differences between
- FlexConnect and Unified Architectures
- Routine Maintenance
- Policy Configuration and Management
- Gathering Data
- Troubleshooting in a Cisco Unified Wireless Network
Module 1 - Client Mobility
- Same Subnet Roaming
- Inter-subnet Mobility
- Effects of Client Density on a Wireless Network
- Lab - Examine the Relationship between Duty Cycle,
- Data Rates and Channel Utilization
- Planning for Areas of High Client Density
- Describe Wireless Mesh Networks
- Mesh Network Formation Process
- Implementing a Mesh Network for the Enterprise
- Configuring Advanced Mesh Features
- Troubleshooting a Mesh Network
- Lab - Implementing and Indoor Wireless Mesh Network
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.