This facilitated course will help delegates to build on existing skills, confidently resolve any challenging situations and take away practical, simple and effective tools and models that will immediately improve the service levels they and their department provide.
Excellent customer service is a key differentiator when we choose where to place our business. It is not only commercially sound to deliver service excellence - it also creates a great working environment.
For individuals who deal with external or internal customers either face-to-face, by email or over the telephone.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- identify what good and bad customer service behaviour looks like
- quickly build rapport with customers
- take a positive approach to problems
- learn how to manage your emotional responses in challenging conversations
- manage your customers' emotional temperature
- use appropriate techniques to control the conversation
- use effective questioning and listening techniques to clarify customer requirements and expectations
- take responsibility to achieve customer satisfaction
- recognise the impact of professional customer focused email
- explain Transactional Analysis and use it to deal more effectively with customers
- handle challenging customers calmly and confidently
- win and retain your customers' confidence and trust.
What will the course cover
- What does service excellence look and feel like?
- How to exceed customer expectations.
- Demonstrating effective service excellence behaviours.
- How to handle conflict or emotional upset.
- Practice in active listening.
- Practice in effective questioning techniques.
- Practice in professional email etiquette.
- Using matching and signalling techniques.
- Recognising and creating 'moments of truth'.
- Dealing with challenging customers.
- How to recognise a Parent/Adult/Child dynamic - Transactional Analysis.
- How to make your customers feel valued and important.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.