This hands-on workshop teaches you the foundational elements of intelligent video analytics (IVA) by integrating deep learning models and algorithms into a ready-to-use NVIDIA DeepStream pipeline. First, you’ll gain an in-depth understanding of data normalization, annotation, and metadata formatting in IVA applications, followed by a fundamental understanding of object detection in video frames. You’ll proceed to train object tracking models and learn how to utilize temporal features of videos to achieve more efficient detection models. You’ll also learn to deploy and accelerate the development of your IVA application by plugging deep neural networks into an end-to-end stream processing pipeline using the DeepStream framework. Throughout the workshop, you’ll get hands-on coding experience using a live GPU-accelerated environment to deploy and train your models. At the end, you’ll have access to additional resources to design and deploy IVA applications on your own.
Experience with deep neural networks (specifically variations of CNNs) and intermediate-level experience with C and Python
- Wrangle video data and perform raw data ingestion into underlying models
- Deploy deep learning models for accurate and effective object detection and tracking applications
- Accelerate the development of IVA applications by using the DeepStream framework
Why Deep Learning Institute Hands-on Training?
- Learn how to build deep learning and accelerated computing applications across a wide range of industry segments such as autonomous vehicles, digital content creation, finance, game development, healthcare, and more
- Benefit from guided hands-on experience using the widely-used, industry-standard software, tools, and frameworks
- Gain real world expertise through content designed in collaboration with industry leaders such as the Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, Mayo Clinic, and PwC
- Earn a DLI certificate to demonstrate your subject matter competency and support professional career growth
- Access content anywhere, anytime with a fully-configured, GPU-accelerated workstation in the cloud
DLI certificate of subject matter competency is granted upon successful completion of assessment at the end of the workshop.
Object Detection for Intelligent Video Analytics (IVA)
- Prepare metadata for object detection models and learn the fundamentals of Object Detection API
- Apply frame-by-frame detection models and compare their KPI results and utilize advanced techniques of qualitative analysis and performance measurement
Learn the fundamentals of object detection methods in IVA applications, as well as preliminaries of raw data processing and metadata formatting. Get hands-on experience with the Object Detection API and learn how to measure accuracy and performance of the models using IoU metrics.
Using Transfer Learning and Multiple Object Tracking Techniques in IVA
- Generate TFRecords to optimize the training performance and use transfer learning techniques to fine tune the model
- Measure and visualize model performance
Get familiar with the nuances of fine tuning an IVA application and learn about the implications of modeling. Understand how object detectors can be bootstrapped into your IVA application.
Deploying the Application Using NVIDIA DeepStream
- Create and deploy easily configurable, end-to-end video processing pipelines
- Learn how to easily plugin multiple inference models, and explore methods for visualizing the inference data
Learn to deploy the video analytics models into a ready-to-use video processing pipeline using DeepStream and understand the fundamentals of creating robust smart city applications. Learn about various plugins to embed into your pipeline, as well as NVIDIA's dedicated video codec plugins.
Next Steps and Q&A
- Discuss the next-steps and questions.
Use this time to discuss any questions about assessment/material.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.