You’ll learn how to apply deep learning to radiology and medical imaging in this class. The workshop covers:
- Image segmentation, which classifies each pixel into a specific class
- Training a Convolutional neural networks (CNNs) to infer the volume of the left ventricle of the human heart from time-series MRI data
- Understand techniques to use radiomics(imaging genomics) to identify the genomics of a disease.
Ideally, students in this course has a basic familiarity with deep neural networks, either through the DLI Fundamentals of Computer Vision course or another online training program. Basic coding experience in python or a similar language is also useful.
- Basic familiarity with deep neural networks
- Basic coding experience in python or a similar language
Learn to apply CNNs to MRI scans plus:
- Perform image segmentation on MRI images to determine the location of the left ventricle
- Calculate ejection fractions by measuring differences between diastole and systole using CNNs applied to MRI scans to detect heart disease
- Apply CNNs to MRI scans of low-grade gliomas (LGGs) to determine 1p/19q chromosome co-deletion status
Why Deep Learning Institute Hands-on Training?
- Learn to build deep learning and accelerated computing applications across a wide range of industry segments such as Autonomous Vehicles, Digital Content Creation, Finance, Game Development, and Healthcare
- Obtain guided hands-on experience using the most widely used, industry-standard software, tools, and frameworks
- Acquire real-world expertise through content designed in collaboration with industry leaders such as the Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles, Mayo Clinic, and PwC
- Earn NVIDIA DLI Certification to prove your subject matter competency and support professional career growth
- Access content anywhere, anytime with a fully configured GPU-accelerated workstation in the
- Students receive NVIDIA DLI Certification upon completion to prove subject matter competency and support professional career growth
Introductions, account creation, and troubleshooting
- Extend Caffe with custom Python layers
- Implement the process of transfer learning
- Create fully convolutional neural networks from popular image classification networks
Learn techniques for placing each pixel of an image into a specific class
- Extend a canonical 2D CNN to more complex data
- Use the framework MXNet through the standard Python API and through R
- Process high-dimensionality imagery that may be volumetric and have a temporal component
Leverage Convolutional neural networks (CNNs) for medical image analysis to infer patient status from non-visible images. Train a CNN to infer the volume of the left ventricle of the human heart from time-series MRI data
Image Classification with TensorFlow
- Design and train Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs)
- Use imaging genomics (radiomics) to create biomarkers that identify the genomics of a disease without the use of an invasive biopsy
- Explore the radiogenomics work being done at the Mayo Clinic
Learn about the work being performed at the Mayo Clinic, using deep learning techniques to detect Radiomics from MRI imaging that has led to more effective treatments and better health outcomes for patients with brain tumors
- Wrap-up with the potential next steps and Q&A
A quick overview of the next -steps you could leverage to build and deploy your own applications and any Q&A
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.