This workshop teaches deep learning techniques to design, train, and deploy neural networks for digital content creation through a series of hands-on exercises. You will work with widely-used deep learning tools, frameworks, and workflows by performing neural network training on a fully-configured, GPU-accelerated workstation in the cloud. The workshop teaches techniques for transferring the look and feel of an image, as well as autoencoder- based techniques to enhance image quality.
You’ll also learn methods to detect noise and train your own denoiser on some sample images. By the end of the workshop, you will be able to create paintings from your photographs, make noise-free images from noisy ones, and convert low-resolution images to high-resolution images.
- Basic familiarity with deep learning concepts, such as convolutional neural networks (CNNs)
- Experience programming in Python
At the conclusion of the workshop, you will have an understanding of autoencoders and be able to:
- Explore the architectural innovations and training techniques used to make arbitrary photo and video style transfer.
- Train your own denoiser for rendered images.
- Train a network to create high-resolution image from low-resolution ones.
Why Deep Learning Institute Hands-On Training?
- Learn how to build deep learning and accelerated computing applications across a wide range of industry segments such as autonomous vehicles, digital content creation, finance, game development, and healthcare
- Obtain guided hands-on experience using the most widely-used, industry-standard software, tools, and frameworks
- Gain real-world expertise through content designed in collaboration with industry leaders including the Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, Mayo Clinic, and PwC
- Earn NVIDIA DLI Certification to demonstrate your subject matter competency and support professional career growth
- Access content anywhere, anytime with a fully-configured, GPU-accelerated workstation in the cloud
- Upon successful completion of the workshop, participants will receive NVIDIA DLI Certification to recognize subject matter competency and support professional career growth
- Getting started
Instructor introduction and environment setup
Image Style Transfer with Torch
- Transfer the look and feel of one image to another image by extracting distinct visual features
- Qualitatively determine whether a style is transferred correctly using different techniques
- Use architectural innovations and training techniques for arbitrary style transfer
Explore the architectural innovations and training techniques used to make arbitrary photo and video style transfer
Image Super-Resolution Using Autoencoders
- Understand and design an autoencoder
- Train and run a model to produce high-quality images from low-quality ones
- Learn various methods to rigorously measure image quality
Train your own denoiser for rendered images
Rendered Image Denoising Using Autoencoders
- Determine whether noise exists in rendered images
- Use a pre-trained network to denoise sample images, or your own images
- Train your own denoiser using the provided dataset
Train a network to create high-resolution images from low-resolution ones
- Answer multiple choice questions covering all three labs
Test your understanding of the material and identify any gaps in knowledge
- Tools, libraries, and frameworks: TensorFlow, Torch
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.