This workshop teaches you to apply deep learning techniques to design, train, and deploy deep neural networks for autonomous vehicles using the NVIDIA DRIVE development platform through a series of hands-on exercises. You will work with widely-used deep learning tools, frameworks, and workflows by performing neural network training on a fully-configured GPU accelerated workstation in the cloud. The workshop starts with an introduction of Sensor Abstraction Layer (SAL) which is required for software to interface with the hardware sensors. After covering SAL and concepts on DRIVE PX, we teach you the steps required to do semantic segmentation on DRIVE PX and conclude by teaching techniques to leverage TensorRT, a high-performance neural network inference engine for production deployment of deep learning applications, to optimize, validate, and deploy trained neural network for inference in a self-driving car application.
- Experience with CNNs
At the conclusion of the workshop, you will have an understanding of:
- Integrating sensor inputs using the DriveWorks software stack
- Training a semantic segmentation neural network
- Optimizing, validatating, and deploying a trained neural network using TensorRT
Why Deep Learning Institute Hands-on Training?
- Learn how to build deep learning and accelerated computing applications across a wide range of industry segments such as Autonomous Vehicles, Digital Content Creation, Finance, Game Development, and Healthcare.
- Obtain guided hands-on experience using the most widely used, industry-standard software, tools, and frameworks
- Attain real world expertise through content designed in collaboration with industry leaders such as the Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles, Mayo Clinic, and PwC
- Earn NVIDIA DLI Certification to prove your subject matter competency and support professional career growth
- Access content anywhere, anytime with a fully configured GPU-accelerated workstation in the cloud
- Getting started
- Instructor introduction and environment setup
Drive PX Overview
- Overview of NVIDIA DriveWorks and DRIVE PX platform
- Learn about the capabilities of DRIVE Platform
Building Autonomous Vehicles with DRIVE PX
- Interface with sensors using Sensor Abstraction Layer on DRIVE PX2
- Use the tools and Labs to do perception on the vehicle
- Integrate DriveWorks Labs into custom code or applications
- Learn how to use DriveWorks into custom code or applications.
Training Semantic Segmentation for DRIVE PX
- Convert an existing network into a fully convolutional network
- Explore different design choices to fit into the computation budget
- Train a semantic segmentation neural network
- Learn how to leverage computation capabilities of DRIVE PX2 to do semantic segmentation.
Deployment of Semantic Segmentation Network Using TensorRT
- Profile inference performance using Drive PX2
- Optimize using giexec or own executable
- Deep dive into INT8 calibration workflow
- Learn how to use TensorRT to optimize, validate, and deploy trained neural network for inference in a self-driving car application.
Closing Comments & Questions
- Wrap-up with the potential next steps and Q&A
- Quick overview of the next -steps you could leverage to build and deploy your own applications and any Q&A.
Tools, Libraries, and Frameworks: TensorFlow,DIGITS,TensorRT
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.