Lateral Thinking™ teaches you to generate new concepts and ideas on demand - instead of just hoping you'll somehow stumble on an innovative idea. It's a systematic approach to harnessing creativity for competitive advantage.
- Find out how to harness your own creativity. Make it work for you, when you need it.
- Learn to solve problems and generate new ideas to meet the challenges of the modern business environment.
- Leave the seminar with skills that you have practised and can apply immediately on return to your workplace.
Who should attend?
This workshop is designed for all executives, managers, professionals and advisors who are concerned with making their organisation more innovative in the face of growing competition, and the emergence of new business models. Attendance of a group of managers from one company is highly recommended. This will support the implementation of the techniques when they return to the workplace.
Delegates will learn how to
- Lateral Thinking™ will equip you with solid, practical methods for challenging current thinking.
- You'll find out how to harness your own creativity so that it can work for you, when you need it.
- You'll learn to solve problems and generate new ideas to meet the challenges of the modern business environment.
- You'll leave the seminar with skills that you have practised and can apply immediately on return to your workplace.
SECTION A - The Need for Creative Thinking
- The limits of logical thinking.
- Why creative thinking is a learn-able set of skills.
SECTION B - The Lateral Thinking™ Techniques
- Alternatives - How to use 'concepts' as a breeding ground for new ideas.
- Focus - The discipline of defining your focus from the outset, and sticking to it. How to generate and use a Creative Hit List.
- Challenge - Breaking free from the limits of the accepted ways of operating.
- Random Entry - Using unconnected input to open up new lines of thinking.
- Provocation & Movement - Explores the nature of perception and how it limits our creativity. The Provocation techniques are designed to challenge these limitations. Movement is a new mental operation that we can use as an alternative to judgement. It allows us to develop a provocative idea into one that is workable and realistic.
SECTION C - Implementation of Ideas
- Harvesting - At the end of a Creative Thinking session, we normally only take note of the specific ideas that seem practical and have obvious value. We need to make a deliberate harvesting effort to collect ideas and concepts that are less well developed.
- Treatment of Ideas - How to develop ideas and shape them towards their practical application in your business.